Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom user fields and Gravity

This support ticket is created 4 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 4 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Hi,

I'm having issues mapping newly created custom user fields with Gravity Forms.

On this site (hidden link) Access plugin is active (enabled) and I'm getting this message from panel where I'm creating this additional user fields (This groups visibility is also controlled by the Access plugin.). If I deactivate Access, same thing. Message disappears but I don't see this custom additional fields in Gravity.

On other website instance (hidden link) Access plugin is installed but not activated, and I see new custom created field in Gravity, I can create a User registration form and map (for example additional phone field) with this Gravity form.

Can you please advise me how to enable or what do I have to do in Access to allow visibility of this new custom user fields in Gravity?

Sasa

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Hi Sasa

I can't see the messages you are talking about, did you mean to share a screenshot?

Hi Nigel, this is the message

This groups visibility is also controlled by the Access plugin.

And here is the link to screenshot: hidden link

Other site, where I don't have Access enabled and I can map Gravity fields: hidden link

Nigel
Supporter

I haven't seen that message, I just tried to see if I could modify settings to trigger it, but could not.

But that's not so important.

You say that even with Access disabled you have one site where Gravity Forms recognises the Types user fields and another where it does not.

Gravity Forms doesn't have an integration with Types, so if you are trying to map Types fields in a form I expect the way that it works is that Gravity Forms scans wp_usermeta to find the distinct user custom field keys which it presents to you to choose from.

On the site where you don't see your custom user field the most likely explanation is that there are no saved values for this field in the database yet, so when it scans it doesn't find the field.

Note that Types fields are stored with a 'wcpf-' prefix, so if you have a field 'salutation' then it would be stored with a key of 'wcpf-salutation', which is what you need to look for when mapping fields.

Hi Nigel, thanks for the tip. Yes this was the problem. Edited my profile, added some bulk data and Gravity was able to see this newly custom created user fields from types. Thanks so much. Appreciate it.

Nigel
Supporter

Glad that worked out for you, let's close here then.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.