Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom taxonomy un category post

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The issue here was that the user created a custom field group for taxonomies with the intention of it being only on the custom taxonomy they created. However it was being present on the default taxonomies as well.

Solution:

It was actually because the field group for the taxonomy wasn't restricted to any single taxonomy. I would recommend checking your field group settings and ensuring that it is only active on the taxonomy you want it to be on.

This support ticket is created 5 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by federicoA 5 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
immainee2.png
immagin1.png

I created a taxonomy called "staff" and I associated with the custom post Courses. all right. works well.
I do not understand, however, why the taxonomy also appears on the default Category taxonomy.
I attach the images:
image 1: setting of the taxomia
image 2: how the default category is displayed

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Federico,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Is it that the taxonomy is also appearing on Post types that it wasn't assigned to ?

Would you mind allowing me to have access to check on this for you ?

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Federico,

Thank you for the credentials.

I took a look at the site and the taxonomy is being assigned to the correct CPT and i dont see any overlap of taxonomy terms with the default category.

Perhaps i'm not looking in the right place. If you could guide me a little more on this to find the exact issue. A nice video would help tremendously.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,
in "courses" it's ok.
in hidden link
Articoli->Categorie
I think there should not be.
here is a video
hidden link

Shane
Supporter

Hi Federico,

Thank you for the clarity. I was able to identify the issue from this.

It was actually because the field group for the taxonomy wasn't restricted to any single taxonomy here
hidden link

I went ahead and restricted it so it should be fine now.

Thanks,
Shane

ok. I had tried this setting and had not changed the setting.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.