Skip Navigation

[Resolved] custom sorting of custom post type listing

This support ticket is created 3 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by marc-andre 3 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I have made a custom post type : houses (different souses to sell)
those can be sorted manually with clic and drag making the list in the order i like
but on the toolset view, now it's sorted by post date, witch show the list NOT in the order i custom made. But NONE of the choices in the sort say : custom order by client

How to see the post in the order i custom made it

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Can you please share more information where you set the custom order for your hoses post, maybe few screenshot will help as well as problem URL and access details about where you want to display the houses in custom order you set.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Hi, i appreciate the help and i will provide access to site
but the site is live, and working 99.9% OK
i will not mak ebackup
i will nat make staging
i will not charge for this changes, so i cannot have 2-3 hours of work on the site...

i will need to make the custom sort order show, witch is a single line of code change in 5 minutes top....
thanks

wp-admin login and password supply ask requested

Minesh
Supporter

Can you please share problem URL where you want to display the result and where you are set the sorting of your post in the backend?

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

I checked for the "houses" post type but I do not able to find that post type.

I see you are using the plugin "Intuitive Custom Post Order" to set the custom post order.

Can you please share link of the post type where you want to set the custom sort order. In addition to that, can you please also clarify that you want to display the custom sort order in admin or you want to display the post in custom order using view?

AHAHAHAH that was to explain to make it simple to you

the REAL custom fild is : partenaires (parter in french)
and the view that show it is : view-filter

the page in witch i what it to show in the custom order i done it is : hidden link

now you have it all

Minesh
Supporter

Well - on the page you shared: hidden link

You are using the following view:
=> hidden link
- And the above view is set to query the post type "Markers" not "partenaire".

Do you mean you want to sort the post of post type "Makers" using the following view based on the sort order set in the admin listing screen of psot type "Makers"?
=> hidden link

I AM SO SORRY.... it's a site that i made like 10 years ago...

It's "Markers" that show up in view-filter.....
so i whant my "Markers" to be custom sort .. just as show

Now in my custom made sort order :
1- Association des personnes handicapées physiques et sensorielles du secteur Joliette (APHPSSJ)
2-Loisir et Sport Gaspésie-Îles-de-la-Madeleine
3-Handi-Ressources

and in the page listing

1-HANDI-RESSOURCES
2-L’ÉTOILE DE PACHO
3-MAISON MARTIN-MATTE DE SAINT-RÉMI

Minesh
Supporter

Can you please check now: hidden link

I've set your view's ordering section to "menu order" in ASC:
hidden link

I can see its working as expected. Can you please confirm and resolve this ticket 🙂

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.