Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom sort order for posts – drag and drop

This support ticket is created 4 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by JoshuaD7497 4 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Many gallery plug-ins provide an editing option where you (the administrator or editor) can drag and drop posts (photos) into your own desired presentation order for front-end display (a custom sort order).

I know this is a 'big ask' but I wondered if there's a way of achieving this with custom posts in a Toolset powered website?

If there isn't, what's the best alternative for achieving custom sorting?

Is it adding a numerical 'Sort' field and assigning each post a number? This seems such a time consuming and fiddly workaround.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

You are right, there is no such feature available and if you want to build such feature with Toolset the only way is to add the custom numeric field that will hold the post order value. But as you already said that could be a time-consuming workaround but that's the only way.

Alternatively, you may try the following plugin if that may help you:
=> https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-post-order/
=> https://wordpress.org/plugins/post-types-order/

Thanks for confirming, Minesh.

I will look at the plug-ins suggested. Much appreciated.

Thank you.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.