Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom Search View

This support ticket is created 3 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by sheriefS 3 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Screen shot user custom field 2020092301.png

Tell us what you are trying to do?

Create a custom search view. Could not find Woocommerce fields such as price or product review to use it as search filters.
Is there any documentation that you are following?

shoppingmp.com

How can I add Woocommerce fields as search filters and WCFM fields too if possible?

Thanks,

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Sherief,

Thank you for getting in touch.

I would recommend following the instructions in the link below.
https://toolset.com/lesson-placement/lesson-placements-1672193-1677389/

Please let me know if this documentation provides a bit more clarity for you.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi,
I have already followed these pages to create a custom search view. My question is very specific around how can I add fields from Woocommerce and or WCFM that are not listed when I am adding a new filter field as in previous screenshot message attachment?

Fields like Woocommerce product price for example are not available to be used as a filter so I can enable the end user to limit the search to a price range or minimum or maximum price. This is one example and my question is how can I access the Woocommerce fields for this purpose: Use it as filters.

Thanks,

Shane
Supporter

Screenshot 2020-10-14 at 10.45.39 AM.png

Hi Sherief,

For the Woocommerce fields that are not showing up can be enabled by going to Toolset -> Settings -> Frontend and under the hidden custom field settings you should be able to enable the fields that are hidden.

Once you have enabled the fields you can then add filters for these specific fields.See Screenshot

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Hi,
Thank you for the information. I have made some of the fields now visible. How can I use one of the Woocommerce fields like _price be a filter with range of filter prices? For example like showing a slider where the user can pick a range of product prices to show and exclude products outside the selected price range?

Hi,
Also some oh the fields are not in that list. For example how can I use the author location to filter by Woocommerce vendor city/state/ or country? I am looking to make the product search screen mote rich in terms of filters.

I am also using WCFM which is compatible with Toolset. Looking to access relevant information not just as custom fields as custom fields option does not 'understand' the nature of the field. If I have the ability of adding a Woocommerce filter about 'products' for example I should be able to select more relevant attributes of products. I would also like to select WCFM vendors as a filter but I am not sure how to do that.
Thanks,

Shane
Supporter

Hi Sherief,

How can I use one of the Woocommerce fields like _price be a filter with range of filter prices?

Currently the only way you can do a price slider is with the use of custom code. However you can use the Between comparison option when you're adding the field so that it will generate a min and max price filter field. From there you should be able to use some custom code to create the slider.

I know there has been talks to implement something like this for woocommerce so that users can use a slider for the price but i'm not sure how far along this is.

For example how can I use the author location to filter by Woocommerce vendor city/state/ or country?

Using the author's location, I would assume that you are referring to users that are visiting the page. There is a location filter but this is strictly used with our Maps plugin so unless there is an address on the product you won't be able to do this.

I would also like to select WCFM vendors as a filter but I am not sure how to do that.

This won't be possible to do because you can only filter by the default post attributes and custom fields.

I hope I was able to clarify this for you.

Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.