Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom search view shows unexpected results

This support ticket is created 4 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 4 years ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

Hi there. I have a problem with a custom search.

I have 5 filters in a custom search. First and second filter are relationship filters. 3rd, 4th & 5th are custom fields filter. The setup of the custom search view is Full page refresh when visitors click on the search button with input values auto-updating.

This is the result of the view: hidden link

If i click any of custom fields filters, all filters refresh but whenn i click in submit, the result of search is all records no filtered. If I click any of relationship filters the result is right.

This is the result of the view: hidden link

If the first & second filter is = 0, the custom search show unexpected results.

Any idea where is the problem?

Thanks in advanced

I can't see hidden link, as it is behind a coming soon screen.

I have activated a private reply in case I need to log in for seeing this.

Now, I understand you added more than one post-relationship filter, but technically this is not possible in Views
You can add only one filter by Post Relationship each View (One chain of related posts)

I think I need to see this on a minimal as possible view (where no other HTML or else is used to style, just the raw output) so we can work together on a solution, if possible.

I will log in, but not make any changes, just look how it is created.

I cannot see any custom search with the features you describe on hidden link

Can you please show me where the relationship filters are added and editable?

Hi Beda. I'm sorry. I worked on that this weekend and filters were changed.

The custom search is in Vista de busqueda de negoci. Here are the filters.

The problem is

Go to the homepage and click in Buscar negoci - Click in checkbox 30m and submit. It shows 4 records. But only 2 have checked 30m (kreamedia and webprojectes bCN). However... if you select any option of the the dropdowns and check (or not) any checkbox and submit the search... the custom search works fine. It seems that is necessary to select any option of any dropdown before to do the submit. If you select only checkboxes the custom search show all records

Beda... I think that is working now. Please... don't do anything. I must to check it again. Please... Don't close the ticked yet. Thanks.

OK

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.