Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom search of selected posts of one taxonomy

This support ticket is created 4 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by David Gimenez 4 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hi there.

I'm trying to do a custom search of posts of one taxonomy. I have several types of taxonomies but one of them is to select the posts that I want to show in the custom search.

That posts are for real state. I want to show the posts that have taxonomy called activated.

That posts have other kind of taxonomies like countries, location.... These taxonomies will be the filters in custom search.

Is it possible to do in a custom search with a lot of filters for only "activated posts"?

Thanks in advance.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi David,

Thank you fro getting in touch.

Actually yes this is possible.

All that is needed is to add a static filter to your view for the "activated" taxonomy.

This way your view will only select the posts that have this taxonomy term checked.

From there you can then create your frontend filters for your other taxonomy terms.

Please let me know if this is clear.

Thanks,
Shane

HI Shane. Thanks for your quick answer.
You said -> All that is needed is to add a static filter to your view for the "activated" taxonomy. I'm looking for documentation to do it bit I didn't found anytghing about static filters.
Thanks again!

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi David,

Here is the link to the documentation for this query.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/filtering-views-by-taxonomy/

Please let me know if it is clear.

Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now.
Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.