Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom Search in Elementor PRO

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Display search form and search result in different location using Custom Search view usingin Elementor PRO

Solution:

You can find the proposed solution in this case with the following reply:
=> https://toolset.com/forums/topic/custom-search-in-elementor-pro/#post-1975571

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 3 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by katjaS-3 3 years ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Hi,
I saw your very cool tutorial "How to create a custom Search with toolset and Elementor" from Dario Hrvatin on the Elementor page. I learned how to implement a post search with Elementor Pro.
(I have created already quite some View Loops so basic RTFM should be over come already. :-))
However after creating the View I add the View Block to my Elementor Container in the filter area but unfortunately I couldn't get the Option segment "Custom Search" like shown in the tutorial at 8:01 minutes.

What could be my problem?

hidden link

Rgds
Frank

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I'm not sure what video you are following but here is the latest Doc about Toolset and Elementor integration.
=> https://toolset.com/course-lesson/using-toolset-with-elementor-page-builder/

Can you please share details what video tutorial you are following on that page?

hidden link

Hi, this is the video.

Rgds frank

Minesh
Supporter

Thank you for sharing the video link.

That flow is using the legacy view.

If you are using the legacy (classic) view method to build your view, can you please navigate to:
- Toolet -> Settings -> Front-end Content tab -> Page Builders secton (at bottom of the page) and checkmark the setting "Allow to use the WP Views and the WP Views Filter WordPress widgets in Elementor Page Builder."

Does that helps?

Hi,
unfortunately I am not using the legacy view, but the current version of it.
What do I need to do to get the same solution running with the current Plugin?
My goal is to split a view on an Elementor Page into both a search and a result ares.

THX in advance.
Rgds
Frank

Minesh
Supporter

I'm not asking you to install the classic views plugin.

The thing is that if you add the View created in Block mode, it will style conflicts and that is not we recommend.

So, what I suggest is to create a view using classic mode (you can do it even if you installed the Toolset Blocks plugin):
- To create a view in classic mode, you should navigate to:
=> Toolset => Settings => General tab => Editing experience => select the option "Show both the legacy and Blocks interface and let me choose which to use for each item I build"

Now, you will see a submenu "Views" under Toolset menu and from there you should create a view and then add it using Views widget as shows in the video you shared.

Unfortunately not. Sorry to say.
All the setting you mentioned so far were set before (by luck I guess :-))
However, I used the view element in the Elementor tool and selected the view.
The leagacy solution enabled to show eather the search, or the result as well as both.
So by using two views my solution would have been implemented, excatly like mentioned in the video.
Any ides how to implement this plugin ?

Rgds
Frank

Minesh
Supporter

So by using two views my solution would have been implemented, excatly like mentioned in the video.
==>
I'm not sure why you require two views, as it will require only one view that offers the "Custom Search" with search form and search results.

If you can share problem URL where you want to display your search view and what view you want to add to that page, can you please share all those required information with admin access details so I can review your current settings that will help me to guide you in the right direction.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Hi,
Before we go so deep, maybe I try to quickly specify my requirement again and the problem accordingly. I don't think its that complicated 🙂

Of course its one view and I named it "test-view" to try out.
I have copied the "custom search/filter" short-code section from the test-view to the upper area (search container) of my page. That works fine.

In the lower area of my page I want to put my search/filter results. (regular WP blog posts and one custom post type together)
For this I used the Elementor - Toolset View Element and selected my "test-View". But unfortunately I also shows the Search/filter fields - like above where I used the short-codes.

How can a avoid that the filter/search field are visible in my result area?
THX Btw!
Yours
Frank

Minesh
Supporter

Do you see option to display only search result rather displaying both search form and result?

Can you please share problem URL and access details so I can review your setup that will help me to guide you in the right direction.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Can you please check now: hidden link

There is a issue that when we add the Toolset View widget using Elementor, it should give us option for "Custom Search" as you can see with the following screenshot: hidden link

But that is not the case and it looks like there is a issue but no worries, I've workaround for you.

I've added the shortcode module and to display the search form, I've added the following shrotcode to it:

[wpv-form-view name="test_view" target_id="self"]

And to display the search results, I've added the following shortcode to shortcode module:

[wpv-view name="test_view" view_display="layout"]

Can you please confirm it works as expected? hidden link

Hi, yes works wonderfull. Last question from myside. Is there a reference with all options for the stamdard shortcodes of toolset? Urs frank

Minesh
Supporter

Minesh
Supporter

Please feel free to mark resolve the ticket 🙂

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.