Skip Navigation

[Closed] Custom Roles question

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.13 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 6 years, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Luo Yang.

Author
custom-role.jpg

I'm trying to understand the creation of a custom role with Access. I started by creating a new role per your documentation, which suggests the following: "Set its level to the closest WordPress role, which has similar (or lower) capabilities." However, it then seems to pair that role in the same column as the WordPress level I selected. So when I start checking/unchecking boxes for privileges is appears to also be affecting the built-in WordPress role. Is that correct? It would seem why bother creating a new role.

So, let's say I want to create a role that is somewhere between Contributor (level 1) and Author (level 2) – "Level 1.5" for our purposes – it's suggested that I start by creating a role based on the Contributor level. But then, when I want to check some additional privileges for this custom role, it appears to also grant them to Contributor because they're paired in the same column. Am I misunderstanding how this process works?

Luo Yang
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Chinese (Simplified) (简体中文 )

Timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This is how does wordpress user level system work. there isn't such an user level 1.5
https://codex.wordpress.org/User_Levels

In your case, I suggest you "start by creating a role based on the Contributor level. But then, when I want to check some additional privileges for this custom role"

The topic ‘[Closed] Custom Roles question’ is closed to new replies.