Skip Navigation

[Closed] Custom role "Black Major" can't access media library even though not deactivated

This support ticket is created 7 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 7 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
Screen Shot.png

I am trying to: Create a user role called "Black Major" with fewer permissions than administrators, but can still access/add to media library.

I visited this URL: hidden link (as a user with Black Major role)

I expected to see: Limited admin menu that still includes Media button.

Instead, I got: Limited admin menu with Media button missing.

Dear Ian,

Please try this:
Dashboard-> Toolset-> Access Control-> Role
Find the custom role "Black Major", click "Change permissions", in tab General capabilities, enable option "upload_files", and test again.

Screen Shot 2.png

Hi Luo

The 'upload_files' permission was already activated for that role.

1.jpg

You will need to follow our document
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/setting-access-control/
To setup the privilege for the user role "Black Major" to post type "Media", see screenshot 1.jpg

Screen Shot 3.png

Hi Luo

Thank you for getting back to me.

All of those boxes were already ticked as well.

I just tested it in my localhost with a fresh wordpress installation, but can not duplicate same problem, please check these in your website:
1) deactivate other plugins and switch to wordpress default theme, and test again
2) if the problem still exists, please duplicate same problem in a test site, and fill below private detail box with login details, I need a live web site to test and debug. thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] Custom role "Black Major" can't access media library even though not deactivated’ is closed to new replies.