Skip Navigation

[Closed] custom products archive not displaying stock status correctly

This support ticket is created 3 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Author

I am trying to:
Use my custom products archive that I built with Woocommerce Views, which always worked until recent Woocommerce Views updates. I noticed that on my product category pages all products were showing (incorrectly) as in stock. I reverted to older versions of Woocommerce Views, and when I got back to 2.8 it started working correctly again.
Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
live site is using 2.8: hidden link
staging site is using 2.9.4: hidden link

I expected to see: most products out of stock

Instead, I got: everything in stock

NOTE: For SFTP use port 2222

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I see you are using number of third party plugins and I've also noticed that you are using outdated Toolset plugins with the test site you shared. We always recommend running your site with the latest stable release plugin version.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
Could you please update ALL Toolset plugins to it's latest officially released version. You can download the latest plugin release from your accounts page:
=> https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

In order to rule out the possible conflict:
Could you please try to resolve your issue by deactivating all third-party plugins as well as the default theme to check for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes? - Do you see any difference?

Is WooCommerce settings are same on both production and test site you shared?

I will test for plugin and theme conflicts as you suggest, and then get back to you.

Minesh
Supporter

Ok great - please let me know how it goes.

I deactivated all plugins except Woocommerce and the Toolset plugins, and switched to the 2021 theme, but the issue persists. You can see at: hidden link

All products have "add to cart" button even though they are out of stock.

Minesh
Supporter

Yes, I checked and I can see that with latest WooCommerce Block version it not working but issue is addressed if I downgrade the WooCommerce Block version to 2.8.

Please allow me to escalate this issue to our next level support. Please hold on for further updates.

OK, thanks

Minesh
Supporter

We have escalated the issue in front of our Devs, I will let you know as soon as this is fixed.

We also created the errata page so that it may help other users:
=> https://toolset.com/errata/add-to-cart-text-wrongly-displayed-when-product-out-of-stock/

I'll get in touch with you as soon as I have any news on fix for this issue. Please note that there is no ETA on it.

Minesh
Supporter

The fix for this issue is shipped with latest Toolset WooCommerce Blocks version 3.0.
=> https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

Can you please update ALL Toolset plugins to latest official released version and try to resolve your issue.

I have updated all Toolset plugins to latest versions, but the issue is still happening.

Minesh
Supporter

That is strange. Can you please tell me on which link I can see the issue?

Any product category/archive page on my staging site. For example: hidden link

Maybe it's a problem with the Woocommerce Waitlist plugin? On the archive pages, when a product is out of stock the "add to cart" button should be replace with a "read more" button, but with latest versions of woocommerce views that is not happening.

Minesh
Supporter

I would like to know why you think it could be the issue with "Woocommerce Waitlist plugin"? what if you try to deactivate it and see if it works as expected?

Nevermind that. I deactivated Woocommerce Waitlist, but that did not help.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello there! Minesh won't be available for a couple of days. If you don't mind, I'll continue with you on this ticket.

To better assist you on this issue can you tell an example of a product that does appear on the archive and is not supposed to appear?

The topic ‘[Closed] custom products archive not displaying stock status correctly’ is closed to new replies.