Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom Post types title in wordpress archive

This support ticket is created 3 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 3 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I have about 20 custom post types, they have the same taxonomies, which allows me to sort them in the WordPress archives. I ran into a problem that I cannot specify the name of my post type and also the name of my CPT archive is not displayed hidden link - shortcodes in filter, in my CPT archive hidden link .
If taxonomy elements are filtered, then everything is in order and everything is shown - hidden link. Is there a way to display in some way the title of my CPT archives.
Thanks for the help.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site? hidden link

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Unfortunately no you cant display the Title of your custom post type on the Taxonomy Archive itself because the archive global variable for Taxonomies doesn't contain the post type information.

What you can do is on each individual post is to display their post type since the Post Data contains the post type and you should be able to get that information using this .
[wpv-post-type show="single"]

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.