Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom post types and related content missing

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

My custom post types and all content created using them are missing on the website.

Solution:

There isn't Toolset Types plugin installed in your website, that plugin manages custom post types + taxonomies + fields.

Please try to install it and test again, you can download it here:

https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 4 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by frejusT 4 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Hi,
I have just noticed that my custom post types and all content created using them are missing on the website.
Not sure if this is related to the recent upgrade to WordPress 5.2. Even my Elementor pages built with Toolset are not functioning well.
Any support on this?

Hello,

The problem you mentioned above is abnormal, please check these:
1) Make sure you are using the latest version of Toolset plugins, you can download them here:

For example, you are using Toolset Views plugin 2.7.5, but the latest version is 2.8.4.

2) In case it is a compatibility problem, please deactivate all other plugins, and switch to wordpress default theme 2019, deactivate all custom PHP/JS code snippets, and test again

3) Also check if there is any PHP/JS error in your website:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/debugging-sites-built-with-toolset/

Dear Luo,
Should I manually update the Views plugin by deleting it and reinstalling? I hope my data and content we built with Toolset will not be deleted.
Kindly confirm.

Yes, you can upgrade the plugins manually, and the Views plugin settings are stored in your database, it is safe to delete/reinstall Views plugin.
But I recommend you backup the database first before the upgrade.

toolset views.PNG
toolset settings.PNG

Hi. I have updated the Views plugin (see attachment) but my Toolset account is showing that I am still using the 2.7.5 version. I also fail to locate the Types plugin to delete it and reinstall. And I suspect that the issue is with the Types plugins as all my custom content types disappeared with related content. Also I can no longer see the "Post Types" option in the Toolset section on my dashbord see attached image.
Thanks for helping.

Thanks for the details, In your screenshot:
hidden link
There isn't Toolset Types plugin installed in your website, that plugin manages custom post types + taxonomies + fields.

Please try to install it and test again, you can download it here:

That's the issue. Toolset Types was installed (with around 1,000 content pieces created with the custom post types) until recently. When I try to reinstall it, it says a folder for the plugins already exists, yet I cannot locate the pluging to delete and reinstall. I will try to manually delete the folder in the FTP.

I think you are right, you should be able to locate the Types plugin folder with FTP tools, please let me know if you need more assistance for it, thanks

Hi Luo,
I managed to install the Types plugins and my content is back but none of them is accessible. It returns the following message "Oops! That page can't be found. It looks like nothing was found at this location". I tried to create new content with the custom post type but same results - page cannot be found. Any idea of what might be wrong?

Thanks for your help.
Regards,

I changed my permalinks settings and everything works again.
Thanks.

Is this issue resolved? please let me know if you need more assistance for it, thanks

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.