Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom Post Type should react like a page, not like a post

This support ticket is created 5 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Author

Hello,

I created a new custom post type called "Behandlungen". After this I created a new post and wanted to build the site with Divi. Unfortunately it is reacting like a post, not like a page. This means the Divi layout options and the drag and drop builder are not working. correctly.

Here Is what it looks like: hidden link

And here is how it should look like: hidden link

How can I use Divi like on regular pages?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - when you say it should work like page but not like post, what do you exactly mean by that - do you mean that the post type should be work like hierarchical structure like page or you are pointing out to permalink structure or you want to assign page template to posts of your desired post type?

Hello 🙂

the behavior of the posts and pages while building sites with divi is different.
If I create a fullwidth-row in Divi it is really fullwidth on a page. On a post it is not.

Please take a look at the above posted links.
On the first one you can see a layout at a page.
On the second one you can see the same layout copied to custom post type created with toolset.

What I want to do is to build sites with the Divi builder on a post like I can do it on a page. It should look the same not as squeezed together as it is currently at the custom post type you can see at the link.

Hope you'll understand what I tried to explain.

Minesh
Supporter

I just want to know have you seen this important information available with our Docs to design posts with Divi:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/recommended-themes/toolset-divi-integration/matching-divi-styling-using-toolset/#styling-custom-posts-and-post-archives

Yeah, I've seen it.
Please take a look at the page again. The first section is set to 100% width and 0 margin and padding to all elements.
hidden link

It still looks like a post, not like a page.

Minesh
Supporter

I see that the problem URL has main div container assigned the class container and when I tried to change the class to container-fluid it becomes full width.

Could you please try to apply container-fluid class to main container div instead of container class and try to resolve your issue.

screen.jpg

I see what you mean.
I didn't touch this classes. Where can I apply it?

And how do I get this on the screenshot green marked area deleted?

Minesh
Supporter

Well - please share access details so I can check from where to control the said class.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

And how do I get this on the screenshot green marked area deleted?
==> To hide the post meta I followed the following guidance and change the setting of Divi options for Layouts. I can see its not displaying now.
hidden link

Well - I checked the issue and even I contacted the Dev but there is no way to control the class or to add that class as divi classes are auto generated. So this is custom thing that you need to fix with on your own.

However Please use content template so It will allow to option to control the divi settings - I've assigned the following content template to your Behandlungen post:
=> hidden link

To make the only first row full width, please try to edit your theme or ask Divi expert to fix the issue.

Hello Minesh,

thank you for your help.
I talked to a developer which is working with toolset and divi a lot.
It seems to be a known Divi bug. The only workaround at the moment is to set the row settings to 100% width by custom css.

Guess we can close this topic 🙂

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.