Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom post not appearing in WPML translation

This support ticket is created 6 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Eric De Paep 6 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hi,

I have a custom post type "cars" and 2 views to display these cars. I also use WPML to translate these custom post type to English and French.

I have created 5 cars. They all appear in the default language but, although all cars and strings are translated, one of these cars doesn't appear in the French and English front end. I have updated it several times, sent it to trash and restored it but this doesn't help. Deactivating and reactivating WPML is no solution either.

Thanks.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Eric,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Would you mind providing me with admin access to the website so that I can have a look ?

Please let me know which view is giving the issue as well as which car is not showing up.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Eric,

I see the issue and the problem is that both the french and english translation of the audi was not publish.

Both cars are saved as draft and once you publish them it should show up.
Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

Thanks. I didn't notice that because I'm using the translation editor. I was assuming that the car would be published as soon as the translation is complete. But I probably published that car before I switched to the translation editor.

By the way, I have big performance problem with this website. Could you take a look now that you have the login details or should I open another ticket?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Eric,

It would be best to open another ticket and mark this one as resolved.

Thanks,
Shane

Ok, I'll do that. Thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.