Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom Post Field does not update accordingly upon page update

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Custom Post Field does not update accordingly upon page update

Solution:
Toolset plugin version update fix the issue.

If you have such issues please make sure that you are using latest Toolset plugin version.

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 5 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by hendrikH 5 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I am trying to:
I have the following custom post fields: "Show Activity" in "Activity Fields" field group, "Show Tour" in "Bike Tour Fields" field group and "Show Hotel" in "Hotel star rating". All those checkbox custom fileds are used to display posts on the homepage map.
Recently i've found that those fileds are not working correctly and do not save their state upon page update. Same thing happens with the translated pages which contains those fileds.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link
I expected to see:
I you compare the map results produced by the English version with the German and Greek result, you can see that some posts are missing. This is because on those posts the fileds mentioned above cannot be selected (are not saved upon update). For example all the posts in the Hotels post type are not appearing because of this.
This funnctionality worked just fine until recently.

I think you have full acess to this site from the previous tickets.

Thank you for the support!

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - we just published the new release for Types v3.0.2, Views v2.6.2 and Forms 2.0.1. Could you please update ALL Toolset plugins (Toolset plugins you are currently using) to it's latest official released version and try to resolve your issue.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
You can download latest plugin release from your accounts page:
=> https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

If you see the change logs for Types plugin, there is a related fix added for checkboxes field. Could you please update plugin and try to update the checkboxes filed once and check if this latest update help you to resolve your issue.

Hello Minesh,
I've tried to update the plugins you mentioned since i've notice that they differ from the latest version, but WordPress says that they are at their latest version and doesn't let me update anything.

Best regards.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

I wonder why its happening - what if you click on "Register" or "Registered" link which should be available with each Toolset plugin and try to update the Toolset plugins under section "Toolset - Plugins for WordPress development".

I finally managed to update the plugin and the bug dissapeared. Thank you for your support.

Best regards!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.