Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom Image settings not working

This support ticket is created 3 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 3 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
image_custom.jpg
image_custom2.jpg

Tell us what you are trying to do? I set custom sizes for the image inside a Views. My goal was for the images on the Front end to be all in the same size/shame.

However, the size has been set but the images are all different sizes - it was working before but stopped working. I tried to resize the image using Blocks but was unable to change the settings.

Is there any documentation that you are following? See attached

Is there a similar example that we can see? See attached

What is the link to your site? hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

As I understand, you want to display the image in your desired custom height and width.

- What is the custom image size you want to display?
- Please share the problem URL where you are trying to display images.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

I would like to know what is the image size you want to display with the view's loop
=> hidden link

That is displayed on the frontend: hidden link

Hello Minesh, I believe I had set the image size at 500x400. However, I want to be able to use the Block Editor to change it if I want to in the future.

I do not understand why it's not possible to use the Block editor to set the image...

Minesh
Supporter

well - 500x400 is a big size. with the view you setup:
=> hidden link

Do you want to display that much big size image or small image as per the size of the column, I mean, the thumbnail size?

I just want to be able to adjust the size using the settings available on the Blocks Editor. I am not fixated on that size. If there are settings that would fix all the images to be uniform that would be great. I think the Thumbnails are too small so how about 300 x 250.

The problem is that all the images are different length and width so the Views and the Templates look sloppy.

Minesh
Supporter

I checked with my test site and I do not able to reproduce the issue but yes I can still see the issue on your site.

Can you first update all Toolset plugins to its latest release. Toolset view current version is 3.2. You can download it from your accounts page:
=> https://toolset.com/account/downloads/#legacy-plugins

Also, update the Yoast SEO plugin and once you update everything please let me know.

Ok I have all the latest versions of Toolset..
I know this issue has been going on for a while - hopefully it will be fixed now.

views_test.jpg
views_test2.jpg

The issue is not fixed on the Events Grid View - see attached. All the images are different sizes.

I have a further issue that I deleted one of the products but the Front End Views is still showing it and it leads to an empty page when clicked. I thought that if I deleted a product, it would disappear but it is not the case.

Minesh
Supporter

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/custom-image-settings-not-working/#post-1623357
==>
Regarding that post, that post was still active and I change the post status to draft so that post will not be visible now.

Please check here:
=> https://toolset.com/forums/topic/custom-image-settings-not-working/#post-1623357
Please update all Toolset plugins.

Please update the Yoast SEO plugin and once you update everything please let me know.

Picture_sizes.jpg

Thank you for clarifying.

How did you fix the image sizes? The issue is fixed on one of the view but still persists in this one. It is always the height of the photo that is uneven - see screenshot and link hidden link

Thank you

Also do you know why the '?' sign is appearing on the front end? I have circled it

Minesh
Supporter

I can not see the ? (question mark) It seems you are working on the site.
=> hidden link

Also, with another view, I have just re-added the image block, can you also try and check if that helps to resolve your issue.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.