Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom fields of Types not found in Views

This support ticket is created 3 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by francisS 3 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
2020-05-11_01-35-27.jpg

Hi,

In the website : hidden link, I've created 3 custom posts types (Editeurs, Revues & Contacts) and used "All Import" plugin to import datas in custom fields into these 3 CPT.
Imports are OK, I can see custom fields when I edit some items but the custom field are not displayed when I want to build a view.

I've the latest version of Toolset Type & Views installed. I've tried to delete the two plugins and reinstall them without success.
Note : I've another website : hidden link (which is in production) that uses the same theme (and same datas) as fnps4.projets-web.net and I've not encountered this kind of problem.
The website must be published in 4 days and I really need help !

I can give you an admin access if you need it.

Thanks in advance

F. Spiesser
Pixels Ingénierie

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Can you please tell me what specific fields you want to display exactly where - with your view or content template?

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

I do not see any custom field group created with the site:
=> hidden link

If you want 1:1 copy of your custom fields and group, I suggest you should go to Toolset => Import /Export
=> wp-admin/admin.php?page=toolset-export-import

And then Export the Types data from Types tab and then import it to your existing site where you want to have custom fields.

Toolset will have only control of custom fields created using Types or the custom fields which is controlled using Types plugin.

More info:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/export-import/exporting-and-importing-toolset-components-and-settings/

Once you import the Types custom fields etc...etc.., you should ran an import using CSV or WP ALL Import:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/export-import/how-to-import-content-into-wordpress-using-csv/

2020-05-11_16-48-28.jpg

> I do not see any custom field group created with the site:
> => hidden link

In the other website which uses the same pinciple and (almost) the same data, see example : hidden link or hidden link , I have no custom field group created, and it works great so I cannot duplicate them. I guess the problem is somewhere else...

Minesh
Supporter

you shared the screenshot of user custom fields. Can you please share screenshot of post custom fields:
=> hidden link

I am not sure how the fields are working on your production site and how you added the fields to your production site. Is it possible for you to send temporary access details of your production site or better if you can share test site using your production site and send me that test site access details.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

The you for sharing access details of test site which is a copy of your live site but unfortunately, with the access details you shared I am able to login but I can only access my profile page.

Can you please grant full admin rights so I will be able to access everything on the site. Again, it seems that you are in total different timezone, if you require fast help in your timezone, please let me know, I will be happy to pass this ticket to the supporter who works in your timezone. You can visit our Supporters page and see who works on what timezone:
=> https://toolset.com/support/supporters/

Sorry for my mistake about rights. You've now the administrator rights.

We can switch to another supporter if you want, but I'm sure you can solve my problem 😉 and you have the whole history.

If you decide to give the ticket to another supporter, as I'm in France GMT+2, the nearest is Nigel.

Regards,

Francis

BREAKING NEWS !!
It seems to be a conflict with WP-Members plugin. If I deactivate this plugin, my fields reappear in Views.
I am looking in this direction and I will keep you informed.

Francis

Minesh
Supporter

Ok great 🙂

I confirm a conflict between WP-Members and Toolset.
By temporarly disabling WP-Members I was able to create my views and it works well.

Strangely (maybe after an update of WP-Members), I can't let it active and see my fields in views contructor. But the confilct may come back at next update of Toolset and/or WP-Members.

I had another problem after importing datas with WP All import with a custom field named IDTheme.
It was imported, I could see it in each individual record of my CPT Revues but it was not available in view contructor. I've made the import several times with same result. Then I decide ton change to delete this custom field and reimport giving it another name (IDSecteur) and it worked...
Was it just chance or is there a problem with the name IDTheme (reserved) ?

Regards,

Francis

New threads created by Minesh and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-custom-fields-of-types-not-found-in-views-import-field-issue/

I wanted to say :
I can let it active
and not "I can't let it active"

Minesh
Supporter

Strangely (maybe after an update of WP-Members), I can't let it active and see my fields in views contructor. But the confilct may come back at next update of Toolset and/or WP-Members.
==>
Glad to know that you found the core issue and issue is when you update the WP-Members.

As we the original issue is already fixed with this ticket, I'll split the ticket with your additional problem you reported regarding the import, that's totally different issue. This will help other users searching on the forum as well as help us to write correct problem resolution summery.

I will follow up wth the following ticket for your import field issue:
=> https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-custom-fields-of-types-not-found-in-views-import-field-issue/

You are welcome to close this ticket.

My issue is resolved for the moment. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.