Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom Fields not appearing when trying to create post

This support ticket is created 4 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 4 years ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 10.53.16 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 10.51.51 AM.png

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I'm trying to create posts. I've created the posts types, the taxonomies and the custom fields. When I go to create a new one, the custom fields are not showing at the bottom. Taxonomies do show
Is there any documentation that you are following?
All instructions.
Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
pptoolkit.com

check-1.png
check-2.png

Hi, in the Field Group editor page please open the top section "Settings for Field Group for Toolkit Documents" and confirm that the Toolkit Documents post type is included in the post types where this field group should be displayed. If this is not the problem, edit one of the Toolkit Document posts and scroll to the top right corner. Click "Screen Options" and check to be sure the Toolkit Documents Field Group is included and turned on. See check-1.png and check-2.png here.

If the problem is still not resolved, please try the following standard troubleshooting steps:
- Temporarily deactivate all plugins except Types and activate a default theme like Twenty Twenty
- Test again.
- If the problem is resolved, reactivate your theme and other plugins one by one until the problem returns
- If the problem was not resolved, I should take a closer look in wp-admin.

Let me know what you find out and we can go from there. Thanks!

So, interestingly enough it resolved itself. I tried all of those steps earlier this morning, prior to sending the request for assistance and nothing resolved.

I logged in and out, tried a number of different things.

I just showed up 30 minutes ago. The fact that it resolved itself hours later on its own is almost as confusing as it not working to begin with. Any thoughts on that?

Sounds like something to do with server-side caching in PHP, but I can't be sure. I would keep an eye on it and if anything strange happens again feel free to start a new ticket.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.