Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom Fields missing from admin area but still displaying on the fron end

This support ticket is created 5 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 5 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

We made several custom fields groups for our website. The ones associated with a custom post type are showing They are all showing up correctly in the admin area.

However, we made a custom field group for standard WordPress Posts. These were working fine and now we have an issue. All the data is showing up on the front end, and I can see when I go into Post Type Field Control I can see the fields are there:

Music Author Title music-author-title Single line wpcf-music-author-title

However, the custom firlds are not showing up in the admin area of the post nor in the Custom Field Area of toolset.

The data is there, Toolset says it managing them, but we can interact with them. HELP!!???

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - based on the debug information you shared with me, I see you are using the latest Toolset plugins.

I try to reproduce the issue on my local test install by assigned the custom field group to the default post type "post" and when I try to add/edit post I can see the custom field group which I assigned to it.

I see you are using the number of third-party plugins, to rule out any compatibility possibility:
1)
Could you please try to resolve your issue by deactivating all third-party plugins as well as the default theme to check for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes?

2)
What if you try to deactivate/reactivate the Types plugin once?

3)
Do you see any Javascript error on your browser's console when you try to visit custom field groups?

If none of the above steps helps - I need access details to your install with all required information.
- Which custom field group you assigned to "post" post type?

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Thank you! Upon reviewing the system in more detail and turning on off all plugins and themes, this does not affect the issue. The issue only affects Custom Fields associated with a built-in post type and not a custom post type. Also, the custom fields are still in the system and creating a new field group for a Post Type of Post and adding from previously created fields does allow us to restore this feature, the issue is how would this just disappear?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Well - as I acknowledge with my previous reply - I tried the following:

I try to reproduce the issue on my local test install by assigned the custom field group to the default post type "post" and when I try to add/edit post I can see the custom field group which I assigned to it.

But for me when I go to add/edit the post I can see the custom field group as well as I can see the custom field group in the custom field group listing page.

I need the exact step to reproduce the issue. would you mind the share it?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.