Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom Fields in User Form not updating.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The issue here is that the user added a set of custom user fields to a custom role using types. However when they are editing their Form they are not seeing these fields to be added to the form.

Solution:

In this users case they form was creating users of a different role that the custom fields were meant for.

To resolve this all that is needed to be done is to allow for these fields to be available on the specific role that the form is meant for.

This can be done by editing your custom user field group and setting it to show on the specific role.

This support ticket is created 4 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ianH-12 4 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Have created three custom fields and added to User Form, but when using the form to edit, it functions, but does not save the records.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Ian,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Are these custom fields created in Types or were they added using a different custom plugin ?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi - Created with Toolset Custom Fields

Shane
Supporter

Hi Ian,

Would you mind allowing me to have admin access to the site so that I can check on this for you ?

The private fields have been enabled for your next response.

Also please let me know the form that you are using to populate the fields, also send me a screenshot of the fields that are not populated.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Private fields

Shane
Supporter

Hi Ian,

I've tried the credentials and they dont seem to work.

Could you check on them for me and let me know ?

Thanks,
Shane

Sorry. Please try again.

Shane
Supporter

Screenshot 2019-10-07 at 4.47.30 PM.png
Screenshot 2019-10-07 at 4.45.19 PM.png

Hi Ian,

The issue here is that the fields are only the users with accounts Administrator, Manager and Volunteer Admin. See Screenshot

The form that you have created is for users who are Volunteers. You need to set the fields to appear on the volunteers as well.

Then you should see the fields appear on the form to be added to the form. See Screenshot

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

Thanks - I knew it would be something stupid...as usual.

I really appreciate your help

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.