Skip Navigation

[Closed] custom fields group disappears

This support ticket is created 3 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 3 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 11.08.59 AM.png

Tell us what you are trying to do?
after saving post, the option to edit the custom field group is gone.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
normaluse
Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi David,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

Can you please check your custom field group's settings to confirm if it is set to be available for the post type whose template is being edited?
( example screenshot: hidden link )

In case, it is still missing, I'll need to see how this custom field group and the content template are set up in the admin area.

I'm settings your next reply as private so that you can share temporary admin login details and names of the custom field group and the content template.

Note: Please make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

the specific pages that errors is

hidden link

you can also just look at the view "on board". That's the current one that's failing. Every time I have to create a new view. I'm able to input one bit of info, like a single custom post type then the view fails and will not work again.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi David,

Thank you for sharing the admin access.

I've performed some tests on my website with similar fields as in the "Field Group for Toolkit Documents", but couldn't reproduce this issue.

Also, the page that you mentioned for error has been deleted and the view "On Board" that is built using the Blocks editor, I couldn't find it in use on any page.

It would be interesting to test this with all non-Toolset plugins disabled and a default theme like Twenty Twenty.

If it's fixed, you can start adding the disabled items, one-by-one, to narrow down to a possible conflicting one.

Let me know how it goes and if the issue still persists, please share the exact link to a page with the view.

regards,
Waqar

The topic ‘[Closed] custom fields group disappears’ is closed to new replies.