Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom fields edit pop up won't work with Events Calendar Pro activated

This support ticket is created 4 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 4 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I am trying to: Edit a custom field group (unrelated to Event Calendar Pro)

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: The Custom Field edit page.

I expected to see: When I create a new field, I expect to see a pop-up which allows me to create and add settings to the new field.

Instead, I got: A blank pop-up that did not compete loading. The same happened if I tried to edit the post types that the field group should be available to.

I had just uploaded Event Calendar Pro, so I deactivated that and tried again, and everything worked as it should. The I reactivated event Calendar Pro, the pop-ups stopped loading again.

Hello, thanks for the report. I'm trying to replicate this now and will update you when I have some additional information to share.

Hi Christian, many thanks for the quick response. OK great, I look forward to any thoughts or ideas.

Let me know if you need an admin login for the site (or feel free to use the existing one you may have on file).

Kind regards
James

Hi, I wasn't able to reproduce this locally with the Events Calendar Pro plugin, so I suspect something else is going on. May I get those login credentials so I can take a look in wp-admin? I may need to create a site clone using the Duplicator plugin to run additional tests on my local environment.

Hi, I was trying to make a site clone using the Duplicator plugin, but the site stopped responding. Now it refuses to connect. Is any other maintenance going on?

There shouldn't be. I've just checked the site and it's up and running again. Could Litespeed be affecting it? If so, feel free to turn off as required.

Hmm, I'm not able to replicate this on your live site today. I am editing the Field Group for Permits, and the popups are responding as expected, though maybe a bit slowly. I'm on a Mac, testing in Chrome and Safari. Are you testing in a particular browser? Is the behavior the same if you switch browsers?

How strange, I tried again today and it works. Not sure if an update somewhere resolved the issue but, you're right, the pop-ups now work as intended.

Many thanks for your help on this!

Kind regards
James

Hi Christian,

Just a final note on this issue as I've found what 'fixed' it.

It turns out that having the Duplicator Pro plugin installed made everything work! If I deactivate that, we get the same error again. if I activate it, the issue goes away.

Very odd as you’d think they’d be unrelated, but at least it works.

Kind regards
James

That's odd...I can't replicate that behavior on my clone of the site but I can replicate it on the live site. We can try turning on server logs to investigate the admin-ajax.php server error 500 thrown on that page in wp-admin. Go in your wp-config.php file and look for

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Then add these lines, just after the WP_DEBUG line:

define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
@ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );
define('WP_DISABLE_FATAL_ERROR_HANDLER',true);

Reload one of the custom field editing pages in wp-admin. This should create an error_log.txt file in your site's root directory. Please open that file with any text editor, copy its contents and paste them in your next reply. Once that is done, you can revert the changes you made to wp-config.php and delete the log file.

I was about to go through the step[s you recommended when I thought I'd double check the installed plugins.

it turns out it was the Litespeed Cache plugin as the client server doesn't run on Litespeed. Once I removed that plugin, everything seemed to work Ok again.

Many thanks for all of your help!

You're welcome!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.