Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom Field not displayed on the search

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The user was filtering a view with a custom field, but the filter does not have any values.

Solution:
It turns out that the custom field slug that the user used was incorrect, after correcting it, it fixed the issue.

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by angelapiqui 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author
1.jpg
2.jpg

Hi there,

I have a custom field that is not displaying the options correctly on the custom search (screenshot 1) but can't figure out what is going on. Is it that the filter is not set right (screenshot 2)?

Regards,

Sintia

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello Sintia and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Maybe you have just configured the view to display, on the filter, only the values from the posts on the results. To confirm that, make sure that you have at least one result on the view, and that post has a value for the custom field.

If this does not help, please check if this issue appears when:
- Only Toolset plugins are activated. It will tell us if there is an interaction issue with another plugin.
- The theme is set to a WordPress default like Twenty Fourteen. It will tell us if there is an interaction issue with your theme.
If the problem disappears, start activating one at the time to track where the incompatibility is produced.

Finally, allow me temporary access to your site and I'll take a closer look to the view. Let me know which view.
Your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely. ** Make a database backup before sharing credentials. **

Hi Jamal,

Thank you for writing back.

I did all the steps you told but still doesn't work.

Can you set the reply as private so I can send the access login and password?

Thanks,

Sintia

Jamal
Supporter

Hello Sintia, your next reply will be private.

P.s: The view I'm using for that search is called: Custom Search and Results. It's the first on the list.
And here is the link of the page where the search is displayed:
hidden link

Jamal
Supporter

Hello Sintia,

I removed the filter and created it again and it worked. It seems that you were adding the wrong field name.
wpcf-number-of-guests instead of wpcf-number-of-people.

Check this screenshot hidden link

Best regards,
Jamal

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.