Skip Navigation

[Closed] Custom field insert button not working in Views (conflict with Stream)

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 8.71 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqas 6 years, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Waqas.

Author

Another reference to the bug described here: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/views-admin-ui-jquery-error-when-trying-to-add-a-custom-field/

Can confirm that Stream and Views are not compatible at present, and create a conflict that causes an error with the "Fields and Views" insert button when editing a view. Here's a screen cast: hidden link

Had to disable Stream to fix this.

PS: you're also spitting out a bunch of debugging stuff into the console log:
hidden link

Waqas
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Can I ask for a temporary access to your site? So I can look for more details.

I have enabled your next reply as private, please input all details in that area. Please mention the links to the pages, views, forms, CPTs and configurations in question.

Please take a backup of your site, before proceeding.

Waqas
Supporter

Alright, thank you for explaining the steps. Please allow me some time to work on this and I will update you soon.

Waqas
Supporter

I just tried the Stream plugin as you mentioned. And found no issue, I was able to insert the short codes by using Views "Fields and Views" button to insert a custom field. I tried with several types of fields (i.e. standard, taxonomy, custom fields).

I am not sure if there's a special configuration required in Stream, which can recreate this issue. If you can share the configuration of Stream around this, I can give it another try. Otherwise, I will have to take a look into your site's environment for more information.

Please let me know, thanks.

The topic ‘[Closed] Custom field insert button not working in Views (conflict with Stream)’ is closed to new replies.