Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom Field Group Restricted but display in every post type

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Custom Field Groups are not respecting their display conditions and showing where they should not.

Solution:
This was a bug introduced in Types 3.2.5 which is resolved by updating Types and Access.

This support ticket is created 5 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 21 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by vimalS 5 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
news_post_edit_display_homepage_field.png
page_template.png
posttype.png

Hi

I have installed Types 3.2.5 and Views 2.7.3 version I have created Custom field group for home page templatebut it also displays in other custom post type page in admin can you please check and help me.

Thanks

Hi Vimal,

This issue is not replicable on a fresh install. It may be a compatibility issue with another plugin/theme or an exceptional case in your website.

To test if it's a compatibility issue, please deactivate all plugins except for Toolset and activate Twenty Nineteen theme and check if the issue exists and update us with the tests results.

If you can see the problem when only Toolset plugins are active with Twenty Ninteen theme, then please prepare a duplicate of your website, upload it to an uploading platform and share the download link in the next private reply.

Thanks.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Screenshot 2019-02-19 at 15.22.07.png

Hi Vimal

I visited your site and I cannot see the problem.

In the screenshot, for example, I am editing a USP post and can only see the USP Fields field group (and the same happens with other post types).

It looks like a caching issue, where you are seeing the problem and I am not.

If you have a caching plugin can you flush the cache, and with your browser can you clear the cache and do a hard reload on the post edit screens.

Let me know if that fixes the problem.

Hi Nigel

This issue is fixed for above site but same issue still there in another site. can i give you the detail of that site?

Thanks

Nigel
Supporter

Yes, please do.

I've set up a private reply.

Nigel
Supporter

Screenshot 2019-02-20 at 08.25.53.png

Hi Vimal

Where can I see the issue?

I'm editing posts of different types and I'm seeing the correct field groups on the post edit screen in each case.

The home page field group appears on all post types, but when I edit, for example, FAQ pages, the only other field group is the FAQ page field group (screenshot).

Hi Nigel

Yes, this is the issue I create Homepage Fields for an only home template but it will display in every post edit. can you please check why this happens.

Thanks

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Vimal

Got it!

It's specifically when you have a custom field group assigned to no post types and assigned to a template, it should only then show on post edit screens for posts that use that template. Since the update it is appearing everywhere.

I've reproduced that locally, and so am now escalating.

While on your site, though, what's interesting is that the list of custom field groups suggests that they are *all* deactivated: hovering them shows an activate link.

In which case none of them should appear on the post edit screens.

I'm taking a duplicate of your site as it seems we have something else to look at.

Hi Nigel,

Is someone working on site?

Thanks!!

Nigel
Supporter

No, I took a copy over an hour ago and deleted the duplicator plugin I used, no-one has accessed the site except for me as far as I know.

Hi Nigel

I have one more issue i create one field related to other post type but when i use that field in filter at that time it will not working properly can you please check.

it gives id instead of post title in dropdown. i use below code.

[wpv-control-postmeta field="wpcf-related-location-news" type="select" format="%%NAME%% (%%COUNT%%)" url_param="wpv-wpcf-related-location-news"]

Thanks

New threads created by Nigel and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-views-filter-showing-post-ids-not-names/

Any update on this issue? We have projects running on deadline.

Nigel
Supporter

Hotfixes are expected later today, keep an eye out for the updates.

If after updating Types you still see problems, let me know.

Hi Nigel,

Issue is fixed, but it is not showing plugin auto update?
I went to this page and got the updated plugin https://toolset.com/download/toolset-types/#changelog

Thanks!!

Nigel
Supporter

I just saw a message in the internal channel from the systems team that a file recording the latest versions wasn't updated but it is now, so I think updates should be recognised now, thanks for mentioning.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.