Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom Field for script embed

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I would like to allow my Users to store a small Javascript snippet in a custom field. This snippet will be used to display a Podcast widget. Which field type is best for storing JavaScript code?

Solution: A multiple lines field type (also known as textarea) is best for storing custom code snippets like this. To enable script tags in Forms, refer to the following example.

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/customizing-sites-using-php/functions/#textarea
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/cred-corrupting-data/

This support ticket is created 3 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by stewartE 3 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
podcast.PNG
buzz.PNG

I have created a CPT called Podcasts it has a title, body and excerpt I also want to embed an actual Podcast which is hosted on Buzzsprout. To do this I need to paste in a small embed code provided by buzzsprout. Would you be able to advise me which is the best custom field to use to achieve something like this?

Thanks!

Hi, it is usually best to use the Multiple lines field type to include custom code with script tags. Script tags are a security risk, and are stripped out of custom field values automatically when content is submitted with Toolset Forms. Do you plan to create these posts in wp-admin, or will they be created from the front-end of the site using Forms?

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.