Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom Field – File … not saving, generating errors

This support ticket is created 5 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 5 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
Edit_Page_POSTRELATION.jpg

I've set up a Custom Post Type that is a Child of Pages. I'm able to create the custom post the normal way in the dashboard... but when i'm editing a page and then add a custom post (child) in the pop-up screen nothing happens when clicking the save button.

I am able to link an existing custom post as a child... but when i click quick edit...make changes and press update... the spinning icon will continue spinning continuously and the post isn't saved...

Checking the console I do see lots of errors occur when saving.

After doing some tests... I came to the conclusion this happened when my custom post type has a linked custom field of the FILE type...

See the attached file for the errors

Hi, can you try the following troubleshooting steps first?
- Please make sure your Toolset plugins are all up-to-date stable plugins (not betas or release candidates). I'm not able to tell from a multisite's debug information if you're running the latest versions, or the betas, etc.
- Temporarily deactivate all plugins except Types, Views and Forms, and activate a default theme like Twenty Seventeen.
- Clear your browser cache and try again. If the problem is resolved, reactivate your theme and other plugins one by one until the conflict is revealed. If the problem was not resolved, I'll need to take a closer look.

Hi Christian,
All plugins, themes and WP arre fully up to date...
It seems to be related to Divi... the 2017 theme works okay...

Some extra info about the install:
This development version is installed on a subdomain... e.g. sub.domain.com
WordPress itself is installed in a sub folder on this sub domain... e.g. sub.domain.com/wp/
The Home of the site is pointing to the subdomain... e.g. sub.domain.com
The network is configured using folder... Main site e.g. sub.domain.com .. second site sub.domain.com/site2/
The subdomain / wp install is running over SSL

Thank you for the additional information. I performed a test and I am able to replicate this issue with only Types 3.0 and Divi 3.0.106 active, so I believe we have a compatibility issue. I am escalating this to my 2nd tier support team for further investigation. It appears that creating the child post must be done from the child post editor screen instead of the parent screen for now to bypass the file upload field issue. Stand by and I will update you as soon as possible.

Thank you so far. Will I be updated in this post about the status?

By the way, you tested with a pretty outdated version of Divi. Current one is 3.5.1. But I guess it will be the same compatibility issues.

Best regards,
Herre

Ah yes thanks, I tested with Divi 3.5.1 as well and the same problem exists. I'll update the ticket and keep you posted here as I receive any additional information.

Okay, thank you... i'll check this topic from time to time

Feel free to check back in anytime. The forum will send you an automatic email notification any time I reply.

Hi, I just ran a quick test to see if this issue is still occurring, and it appears it was resolved by a recent update. Can you confirm?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.