Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom field default value should only pre-fill when creating, not editing, post

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

If set a custom field’s default value, create a post, clear out the field value and save the post, the field still filled with default value, but it should not re-fill with the default value.

Solution:

This is fixed in the latest version of Toolset Types plugin, you can download it here:

https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 4 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Clifford 2 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

If I set a custom field's default value to "50", I expect when I create a new post that this field applies to that it will be pre-filled as "50".

If I clear out the value and save the post, all subsequent post editing should leave it blank, not re-fill it as the default value.

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback, I can duplicate the same problem, and escalated this issue, will update here if there is any news.

Hello,

This is fixed in the latest version of Toolset Types plugin, you can download it here:
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/
Please test it and feedback if the problem is fixed, thanks

Great, will look for this going forward. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.