Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Styling editor not working

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Styling editor not working

Solution:
Styling editor is deprecated feature - you should not use it.

As workaround - for now our Devs suggested to use following plugins as a workaround instead of using styling editor:
=> https://wordpress.org/plugins/add-admin-css/

You can find proposed solution, in this case, with the following reply:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/custom-field-creation-error/#post-914784

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 5 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by lalanS 5 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I am trying to:
Add a custom field to a post type i created and I am getting an error ..

Error below :
Fatal error: Uncaught InvalidArgumentException in /home/wizmed5/public_html/wp-content/plugins/layouts/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/m2m/relationship/query/condition/type.php:28 Stack trace: #0 /home/wizmed5/public_html/wp-content/plugins/layouts/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/m2m/relationship/query/condition_factory.php(90): Toolset_Relationship_Query_Condition_Type->__construct('', Object(Toolset_Relationship_Role_Parent)) #1 /home/wizmed5/public_html/wp-content/plugins/layouts/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/m2m/relationship/query/relationship_query_v2.php(355): Toolset_Relationship_Query_Condition_Factory->has_type('', Object(Toolset_Relationship_Role_Parent)) #2 /home/wizmed5/public_html/wp-content/plugins/layouts/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/m2m/relationship/query/relationship_query_v2.php(350): Toolset_Relationship_Query_V2->has_type('', Object(Toolset_Relationship_Role_Parent)) #3 /home/wizmed5/public_html/wp-content/plugins/types/application/models/post_type/relationships_settings/relationship_setti in /home/wizmed5/public_html/wp-content/plugins/layouts/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/m2m/relationship/query/condition/type.php on line 28

Can you please assist

Regards

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - is it possible for you to send me temporary access details so I can check whats going wrong on your setup.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Well - the wp-admin access details you shared with me is not working at this end. could you please send me working wp-admin access details.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Great - thank you for sharing working access details.

I tried with Events custom field group and tried to add single line field but I do not see the error you mention. Could you please tell me which custom field type I need to use and with which custom field group I should check.

HI Minesh
The Error seems to have disappeared but if you check the FIELDS STYLING EDITOR the drop down button does not work
SO I cannot access that option.

Can you advise

Minesh
Supporter

Well - Styling editor is deprecated feature - you should not use it.

As workaround - for now our Devs suggested to use following plugins as a workaround instead of using styling editor:
=> https://wordpress.org/plugins/add-admin-css/

Your assistance has been timely

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.