Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom field conditional display of secondary custom field shows title front end

This support ticket is created 3 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 23 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 3 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Conditional field 4.png
Conditional field 5.png

I have created two custom post fields in the back end and made the second one conditional on the first field being selected.

The functionality works on the front end beautifully.

However the second field name is on permanent display before the first field is selected. See images

How can i hide the second field name until the first field is selected.

In the images
Email communication is the first field
Database size is the second conditional field

You can see when Email communication is not selected it still displays the second field name but not the options
When Email communication is selected it shows the field name and the options.

So my question is how do i hide the secondary field name until the first field is selected.

Hi Paul,

Thank you for contacting Toolset support.

I wasn’t able to reproduce your issue. All is working as expected. Please check the video I recorded. As you can see the secondary field name is hidden when the checkbox is ticked.

Here is the link to the video recorded: hidden link

Please double check from your side and let us know how it goes.

Best and regards,
Sandra

Hello Sandra,
Thank you for the video. In the back end everything is working as per your video.
When i present the form in the front end it displays the field name all of the time regardless of checking the box.
When you check the box it displays the options

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your answer.

I would like to have temporary access to your site.

I have just activated the appropriate boxes for the credential information I need from you. They are private so only you and I will be able to see them.

I suggest you create a temporary user, set it as an administrator and then add those credentials in the fields mentioned above.

Also please, don't forget to share the URL where you added the form and we will check.

Thanks & regards,
Sandra

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Sandra passed me this ticket. This is Minesh here and I'll take care of this ticket. Hope this is OK.

I've try to use the admin access details you shared but its not working at this end.

Can you please send me working admin access details.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

It seems you missed to share the problem URL where I can see the form you added.

Can you please share the that please.

Screenshot 2020-09-28 144011.png

The URL is:
hidden link
If you scroll down to
Communication channels you can offer (Select all that apply)
I don't want to display the field title ( i can fix this)
The problem:
If you look at Email Communication there is a checkbox
Underneath there is the option header displayed all of the time e.g. Database size
If you check the box next to Email Communication it displays the options. (so works)
The heading Database size should only display with the options when i select the email communication checkbox.

This is the same with all of the checkboxes in this section (except Above the line advertising, which has no options to display)

Minesh
Supporter

I would like to know that the conditional display of fields you want to apply while add/edit post from backend and using Toolset forms?

Or you want to use conditional display only using Toolset Forms?

image 1.png
Image 2.png
Image 3.png
Image 3a.png
image 4.png
Image 4a.png

The backend works as expected.
I have set up the conditional fields in toolset forms.
When i go to the back end Brand item i can see the conditional fields and they display and work correctly (see attached)
On the front end it is showing the heading of the conditional field so it is not replicating what i see in the back end.
Toolset>customer fields>search data>Email communication (image 1)
Toolset>customer fields>search data>Database size (image 2) - Has a condition that Email communication =1
Brands>moma - scroll down to Email communication (image 3 = not selected, Image 3a = selected) all displaying and working correctly.

However on the front end
hidden link
Scroll down to Email communication and you can see it is displaying the conditional field heading without the Email Communication checkbox being selected (image 4) when you select the checkbox it then displays the options (image 4a)

I want the front end to reflect the Brands page in the backend. Do not display the conditional field heading and the options until the field is selected

Minesh
Supporter

I already know where you setup the conditional in the backend.

The only thing I would like to know that you want to use the dependent conditional display both in backend (while add/edit post) and frontend (using Toolset Form) - correct?

Yes that is correct

Minesh
Supporter

Ok - thanks for confirmation.

I can see the issue and I've escalated the issue to our next level support for further troubleshooting.

Please hold on for further update.

This is getting urgent now as it is delaying launch of a site. Are you able to help?

Minesh
Supporter

I've escalated the issue to our next level support.

You should not expect the fix soon as it seems it will take time.

For now - the only workaround would be to hide those labels by adding custom JS code. If you require any help to apply that custom workaround, please let me know.

Hi Minesh, some support on custom JS would be great. What do you need from me?
You have backend access do you need FTP?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.