Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom Error 404 page layout not displaying

This support ticket is created 7 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by gaborG 7 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

First of all I couldn't give you debug info because I have no idea where the hell did you put the Debug info button with the current menu. You could really add some clarity to that.

I made a custom Error 404 layout, but instead of that, I get this message when I navigate to a non-existing page:

Not Found
The requested URL /srg was not found on this server.
Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu) Server at medellic.com Port 80

Medellic.com is my website, of course. Is this some server-side setting that prevents the custom page from showing up, or am I missing some settings somewhere? The layout is added to the Others / Error 404 page to be used there.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Regarding the debug information - we are working on this:
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Now, regarding your issue:
- Did you setup correct layout?
- Does it work with default theme?
- Did you try with another test setup, it works there?

I don't know what you mean by "setting up correct layout".
It doesn't work with the twentysixteen theme either (after integration, of course).
I didn't try this particular Error page with another installation, but I have another website with Toolset and the custom Error 404 page works there. The two sites run on the same server, so apparently that's not the issue either.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

1)
Could you please share problem URL?

2)
*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

I don't know what happened but today I see the actual Layout-based Error 404 page. It's strange because I didn't change anything in the settings/updates since yesterday... Anyhow, we won't be able to see what caused the problem earlier, so I mark this thread as resolved.
Thanks for your support.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.