Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom dropdown field bugged

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

Use Types plugin to setup some required custom fields, but get JS errors when click the "Update" button, for example:

An invalid form control with name='wpcf[monday-schedule-duration-from]' is not focusable
An invalid form control with name='wpcf[monday-schedule-duration-to]' is not focusable

Solution:

Remove the custom field "required" setting and test again

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 5 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by hendrikH 5 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
custom dropdown.jpg

Hello,
So i have this dropdown field in "Guided Bike Tours" post types named "Duration", in which the user can select between "Single-day tour" or "Multi-day tour". With the help of this dropdown some other custom fields are shown/hidden (for multi-day tour option) and also the posts are filtered in other views. This dropdown is mandatory for post publish.

I've encountered this bug: If i create a post with the dropdown selected on either one of the options, i cannot change the value of it at any point after. If i try to change the value of the dropdown the "Update" button of the post simply does not save,update or refresh the page.

Admin credentials below.
PS: This is the live site as i don't have the conditions to create a staging.

Thank you!

Hello,

Thanks for the details, I can login your website.

Here is detail steps I tried, please correct me if there is anything missing
1) Dashboard-> Guided Bike Tours-> Add new(or edit an existed post)
2) Fill post title,
3) field "Duration" choose option "Multi-day tour"
4) fill all other required fields ,for example:
Metres of Elevation*
Length*
click button "Publish", I can see the new post is saved correctly, for example:
hidden link
hidden link

There isn't similar problem as you mentioned above:
If i try to change the value of the dropdown the "Update" button of the post simply does not save,update or refresh the page.

Hello and thank you for the quick reply.

Ok, now on the published post try to change the value of the "Duration" field and Update the post.
For example:
on this post: hidden link
try to set duration to: "Single-day tour".
For me if i try to change the value of this field on this published posts, the Update button is not working.

Best regards.

Thanks for the details, I can see the problem you mentioned above, and I see a lots of JS errors when click the "Update" button, for example:

An invalid form control with name='wpcf[monday-schedule-duration-from]' is not focusable
An invalid form control with name='wpcf[monday-schedule-duration-to]' is not focusable

It is abnormal, in case it is a compatibility problem, please try this:
1) deactivate other plugins and switch to wordpress default theme, and test again
2) If the problem still persists, please provide a database dump file (ZIP file) of your website in below private detail box, also point out the problem page URL, I need to test and debug it in my localhost, thanks

Thanks for the details, I can duplicate the same problem in my localhost, the problem is in the custom field group "Weekdays Schedule"
hidden link

You have setup those fields as required:
- monday-schedule-duration-from
- monday-schedule-duration-to

But in the problem post:
hidden link
You did not setup the value of above fields, then it trigger the JS errors as I mentioned above.

And in your website settings, there are lots of complicated condition, I suggest you disable those the "required" for those custom fields:
- monday-schedule-duration-from
- monday-schedule-duration-to
and test again.

Hello,
I have unchecked the "required" options for the weekdays schedule fields, and the bug dissapeared.
Thank you.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.