Skip Navigation

[Resolved] custom css not overwriting theme/bootstrap css

This support ticket is created 6 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.21 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 6 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
Screenshot_css_error.jpg

I am trying to: customize the starter theme and my layouts through the WordPress customizer custom css. My site looks exactly how I want it in the customizer. But when I exit the cutomizer, the site doesn't load the custom css. When I remove the custom css from the customizer and paste it in the layouts css (in Toolset settings), a big part of the custom css is loaded but there are still several css rules that are not overwritten (bootstrap rules?). It seems the theme is still loading the original theme css after the custom css. I also tried to paste the custom css in the Starter child theme I downloaded from your site but that doesn't work either.

I visited this URL: -

I expected to see: a fully customized theme that loads all custom css rules that I have written in the customizer and/or the layouts css and/or the child theme css.

Instead, I got: a website that still loads the original Starter theme css rules.

Dear Eric,

For the question:
but there are still several css rules that are not overwritten (bootstrap rules?)

Are you going to override bootstrap CSS rules with your custom CSS codes?
If it is, I sugest you try the solution in another thread:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/8084964/how-to-overwrite-styling-in-twitter-bootstrap#comment46176395_8085434
You can overwrite a CSS class by making it "more specific".

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.