Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom access error page menu renders missing css classes needed for js

This support ticket is created 4 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by ashleighP 4 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am trying to: have a custom access error page that includes my site header and menu

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: This is the page that isn't working: hidden link

compared to the layout working as expected when simply assigned as the page layout, rather than the error page for Access: hidden link

I expected to see: A hover/dropdown menu

Instead, I got: Menu renders as a simple ul element with no interactive features working. Inspection shows it's missing all the classes it should have to make the js script work.

Hello,

It seems to be a compatibility problem, those missing CSS class are from another plugin: Max Mega Menu
I assume we are talking about this case:
1) You are using layout menu cell to display the nav menu in custom access error page
2) You are going to display above nav menu using Max Mega Menu plugin.

I am not sure if it is possible, please provide a copy of your website in below private message box, I need to test and debug it in my localhost.
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

I don't see the fields to upload my site info. Happy to provide access.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Luo is on vacation. He will be back next week.

However, I'm setting next reply private so you can submit the access details.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Thanks for the details, I can log into your website, here are what I found.
1) The problem does not persist when I login as administrator user.
2) After switch to WordPress default theme, and delete cache, test the problem page as guest, the menu works fine.

And you are using plugin "Max Mega Menu" to setup the website menu, so it should be a compatibility problem of your website, in order to debug such kind of compatibility problem, please provide a copy of your website by following the document I mentioned above:
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

You can put the duplicator package in your own google drive disk and share the link in below private message box, I need to test and debug it in my localhost, thanks

404.JPG

The duplicator package(4.7G) you provided is too big to download, so I have tried it in your website directly, and done below modification:
Dashboard-> Toolset-> Access control-> Posts Groups
Click "Wholesale", click "Edit" button for role "Guest" of Read access,
Change the option to: Show 404 - page not found
See screenshot: 404.JPG

Please test again, check if it is fixed.

And you can customize the 404 error page here:
hidden link

Yes, that does fix the menu but I want that page to show specific content to different users beyond my generic 404 page which is already in use for true 404 errors.

Rather than use a custom access error page I set up the page to use the access shortcodes to show the different content.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.