Skip Navigation

[Resolved] CTs inserted into Views Archive View (Block Editor) outside Loop not displayed.

This support ticket is created 4 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 3 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
CT block.png

I have set up an Archive view to display a CPT.

I am editing the Archive view using the the Block editor.

I can insert an existing Content Template into the loop and it displays in the front end.

If I insert an existing Content Template outside the loop it is not displayed in the front end.

Note: I have tried adding the Content Template as both a Content Template block and using the Fields and Views block.

Note: I am able to add a Paragraph block outside the loop and this displays correctly in the front end.

In the attached image you can see two blocks - a Paragraph Block (which displays correctly) and a Content Template below it (which does not display at all).

Hello,

This is a known issue, see our errata here:
https://toolset.com/errata/content-template-is-not-rendered-if-added-outside-the-archive-loop-of-a-view/

In your case, the woraround is mentioned in above errata:
It is also not recommended to insert Content Templates outside the wpv-loop HTML tags on any archive or a View.

Thanks Luo. Let's hope this gets fixed ASAP.

Waiting for fix.

Do you know if this will be fixed in the next update?

Given the new grid layout in Blocks, it is possible to replace Layouts/Bootstrap with CTs and Grids - however, on Archive pages any CTs would have to be replaced with HTML...

Being able to insert CTs outside of the Archive loop would be very useful.

It is still in our to-do list, our developers are working on it, but I am not sure when will be fixed, I will update here if there is news.

Hello,

It should be fixed in the latest version of Toolset Blocks plugins, please upgrade all Toolset plugins to the latest version, and test again, you can download them here:
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.