Skip Navigation

[Resolved] csv importer – recommended by toolset – not working

This support ticket is created 6 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 21 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 5 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

But - have you setup the options for your select field?

Hi Minesh,
Sorry I don't understand, What do you mean "setup the options for your select field" please could you elaborate

Thanks
David

Minesh
Supporter

I mean that is there any dropdown options set for the English_names select field from within the Types custom field group's field?

If there is no select option's set for the English_names select field - you need to set it up first.

The thing is that - you can not able to import the select field options using CSV importer. Either you setup manually or chose the way I offer you at following reply:
=> https://toolset.com/forums/topic/csv-importer-recommended-by-toolset-not-working/#post-630951

Hi Minesh,
The link you're offering, is the solution I suggested on page 1 of this thread - was that intentional?
Would it be possible to change english_names from select to single line and separate terms with a comma, then in the view template where the select list appears substitute "," with

</li>\n<li>

. would this create the required select list

Minesh
Supporter

What you are saying is possible and you can import option with comma and display it accordingly with few adjustment but it will not populate the dropdown select box.

As what you said - once you change the select to single line - you will impoart comma separated string as it's value and with iew template you will process the comma and display it with li html tag but it will not POPULATE the dropdown select box with options but it will display the content using li tag.

Hi Minesh,
Sorry my mistake I was confusing a select dropdown with a list, but the same could be built using <select>, <option>, </option>. Is there any documentation about select fields and setting dropdown options?

Thanks
David

Minesh
Supporter

No - there is no such feature available to build such select dropdown using the method you suggested.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.