Skip Navigation

[Closed] CSS won load in certain browser

This support ticket is created 3 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 3 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am having a problem displaying CONSISTENT display result over different browsers in different OS.
I use Chrome, Firefox, and Safari on Mac and Chrome and Firefox on PC and iPhone (safari) to develop the site

One of my view has custom css written directly view's css editor. I thought this place has the highest priority.
However, what's write in here doesn't reflect in Chrome on PC and Safari on Mac, and Safari on Phone.
I thought my site was broken. I tried to view in different browsers and they work fine. However, I cannot fix the problem no matter what I do for those browser I have problem with. I ended up copy & pasted the css on wordpress > appearance > customize > additional css. By doing this, I finally was able to display the site the same across the browsers.

Why is this happening? No to mention, I cleared cache on caching plugin, and all browsers, reboot browsers, even rebooted devices for few times. but, nothing helped.

Tell us what you are trying to do?

How can I make sure css works properly and make things simple. Similar issue happened on my other site as well. for that site, css on view loads the last so, when you load the page, it always loads funny like 0.5 seconds.
I sometimes need place css in different places like customize > additional css, pagebuilder custom css(beaver builder) or tool set view css editor. I am looking for a way to organize css and I don't have to fight over default css to over write.

I always thought css editor on view is convenient because I can organize css on view basis, but not reliable and works little funky.
Please explain why and provide me a permanent solution.

I develop these problem page with default gutenberg editor with toolset blog and directly nest view short code.

I need a help.
Thank you.

Hello,

Please elaborate the question with more details:

However, what's write in here doesn't reflect in Chrome on PC and Safari on Mac, and Safari on Phone.

Are we talking about it does not work in all browser you mentioned above?

And please try these:

1) Make sure you are using the latest version of Toolset plugins, you can download them here:
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

2) In case it is a compatibility problem, please deactivate all other plugins, and switch to wordpress default theme 2020, deactivate all custom PHP/JS code snippets, and test again

3) Also check if there is any PHP/JS error in your website:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/debugging-sites-built-with-toolset/

4) If the problem still persists, please provide database dump file(ZIP file) of your website, also point out the problem page URL and view URL, I need to test and debug it in my localhost, thanks
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

The topic ‘[Closed] CSS won load in certain browser’ is closed to new replies.