Skip Navigation

[Closed] CSS Error in WP-Admin

This support ticket is created 8 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Adriano 8 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Adriano.

Author

There is a CSS problem with Views in the WP-admin side. When you click the button to insert a Views field the popup itself appears behind some other buttons from the admin.

I looked at the CSS and the Z-index is set incorrectly. The editor button CSS is:

.wp-editor-expand #wp-content-editor-tools {
    border-bottom: 1px solid #e5e5e5;
    z-index: 1000;
}

The problem is the Views popup z-index is set for 101, instead of 1001. This results in the buttons appearing over the popup and obscuring some of the Views field options.

element.style {
    display: block;
    height: auto;
    left: 392.5px;
    position: fixed;
    top: 50px;
    width: 870px;
    z-index: 101;
}

This is a problem that has been around for a while and even exists in the latest release of views. I'm not sure why you don't get more complaints about this.

I didn't get any complaint regarding that and I can't reproduce it on localhost. I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site in order to be offering better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

The topic ‘[Closed] CSS Error in WP-Admin’ is closed to new replies.