Skip Navigation

[Resolved] CSS codes are not working

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I have added some custom CSS to a Content Template, but none of it appears to be working.

Solution: In this case it looks like the bullet character octal string code is causing problems in the browser, so the CSS chunk cannot be inserted in the head of the document. Replace the octal string with the bullet character itself. Problem code:

.entry-content ul li::before {
  content: "\2022";   /*Add content: \2022 is the CSS Code/unicode for a bullet */

Solution:

content: "•"
This support ticket is created 3 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by deepS 3 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

After updating Toolset Views to the latest version 3.2.1, I found that the CSS codes used in the content template of the custom posts type are not working properly. The codes are placed in the CSS editor below the template editor box. I think this is a bug. Please help.

Hello, please provide more details so I can help solve the problem.
1. Can you copy + paste the CSS codes that are not working?
2. Can you show me a page on your website where the CSS should appear?
3. Can you explain how the broken CSS should work? What do you expect to see? What part of the page is not styled correctly?

The entire CSS codes are not working. I can give you access to the website admin to check the issue. Let me submit the login credentials.

Okay sure, the private reply fields can be found here.

It looks like the CSS bullet code syntax is causing a problem:

Uncaught SyntaxError: Octal escape sequences are not allowed in template strings.

The code is here:

content: "\2022";   /*Add content: \2022 is the CSS Code/unicode for a bullet */

The CSS in Content Templates is written out to the browser in an HTML element before it is injected in the page header, and the browser is having trouble with the \2022 element in template code. I replaced it with the bullet character for now to solve the error:

content: "•";  

Can you check and make sure it's working as expected now?

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.