Skip Navigation

[Resolved] critical wordpress error when trying to access the admin area

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 16 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Francisco Ramón Molina Busquiel 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

When I try to enter the configuration section I always get a critical wordpress error

Detalles del error
==================
Se ha producido un error del tipo E_ERROR en la línea 239 del archivo /home/infinity/domains/infinityttr.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/types/application/controllers/page/extension/m2m_migration_dialog.php. Mensaje de error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method OTGSToolsetCommonRelationshipsMainController::initialize_full() in /home/infinity/domains/infinityttr.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/types/application/controllers/page/extension/m2m_migration_dialog.php:239
Stack trace:
#0 /home/infinity/domains/infinityttr.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/types/application/controllers/page/extension/m2m_migration_dialog.php(188): Types_Page_Extension_M2m_Migration_Dialog->has_translatable_post_types_in_relationships()
#1 /home/infinity/domains/infinityttr.com/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(287): Types_Page_Extension_M2m_Migration_Dialog->on_admin_enqueue_scripts('toolset_page_to...')
#2 /home/infinity/domains/infinityttr.com/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(311): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array)
#3 /home/infinity/domains/infinityttr.com/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(478): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
#4 /home/infinity/domains/infinityttr.com/public_html/wp-admin/admin-header.php(102): do_action('admi

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Francisco,

Thank you for waiting while I performed some testing around the updates channel switching.

The option to switch to a different updates channel is available only when all plugins have been updated to the most recent versions available on the currently selected channel.

This means that if your website's update channel is set to "Beta" and the option to switch channel is disabled, you'll first need to update all installed Toolset plugins to the latest beta releases.

Once they're all the latest beta releases, you'll see that the channel switcher option will become enabled and you can then switch to the "Production" channel.

After that, to downgrade to regular production releases, you can use the FTP access or hosting's file management tool, to manually remove the beta plugins and install the production ones.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

This is a mess, you should have made an easier system, but I'll try to do it.
Thanks Waqar.

Regards,
Jose A.

Waqar
Supporter

You're welcome Jose.

Please let me know how it goes and I'll pass on this feedback about the updates channel switching, internally.

regards,
Waqar

Hi Waqar,

I'm not going to do anything until your development team fixes this problem.
It is a real problem to change channels.
I can't be wasting my time on this. 🙁

Thanks Waqar,

Regards,
Jose A.

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Jose,

Unfortunately, there is no other way around it at the moment, other than the steps that I've shared earlier.

The check for the most recent plugin versions, before switching the channel ensures that production and beta versions are not mixed on a single website.

I can understand that this precautionary measure means some extra steps for you, but this limitation about not able to downgrade to the latest stable release after switching to the beta is mentioned in our documentation:
https://toolset.com/faq/how-to-install-beta-and-development-versions-of-toolset-plugins/

As long as, you'll not switch the updates channel to "Beta" on the production/live website, you'll be fine and won't have to repeat those steps again.

I hope you'll understand.

regards,
Waqar

No, I don't understand this Waqar.
Especially because if I have passed it to beta, it is because the support team told me to solve some kind of problem that I no longer remember, you should also have told me all the mess involved in going to beta. 🙁

Regards,
Jose A.

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Jose,

It seems you're not fully satisfied with my assistance on this matter, so I've requested Nigel to join in.

He'll be able to follow-up on this shortly.

regards,
Waqar

No need for Nigel to assist me. I don't think he can solve the problem of switching to production in an easy way.
I am not dissatisfied with you Waqar.
I'm dissatisfied with Toolset because it shouldn't make things so complicated for the developer.
And if the support team indicates to switch to Beta to fix a problem, they should also indicate the implications that this has.
If the development team is not going to fix this problem then we can close this ticket.

Thanks Waqar,
Regards,
Jose A.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Jose

You are right, from a user perspective this is very ugly.

The original error you report is because you are using the Access beta with production versions of the other plugins, notably Types, and the betas are intended for use together.

Having switched to the beta channel, the path back to the stable channel is very awkward, as described by Waqar above.

There is an internal ticket where discussions about this were happening in WPML a few months ago (it's the same installer code), and I have added my comments there, sharing your feedback that from a client perspective we must change this. There's not much more I can do, but I'll continue to push for it to be changed during any further discussions.

Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Ok. Thanks Nigel.

Regards,
Jose A.

My issue is not resolved. Thank you!

Hi,

If I have to do all this mess to go to the production channel from where can I download Toolset Views?

Regards,
Jose A.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

All of the plugins are available from toolset.com/account/downloads

Views is moved to the legacy tab.

Once you have (re)installed stable Types then you can download the other plugins from the installer page from within your site admin pages. You only need to manually install Types, as that contains the installer code which can be used to install the remaining plugins.

Hi Nigel,

If I install Toolset Blocks, instead of Toolset Views, can there be some incompatibility?

Thanks for your help.
Regards,
Jose A.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.