Skip Navigation

[Resolved] CRED upload save file befor submit

This support ticket is created 7 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 6 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqas.

Author

I am trying to: Upload file in cred form in guest and user interface, but not send form.
I expected to see: draft upload, which delete after user do not submit form
Instead, I got: file upload to my image gallary. So, it causes some problems with spam, files can be uploaded endlessly.

Waqas
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

I apologize for not fully understanding the problem. But as far as I could get it, you want to save uploaded files as draft post, is it?

Actually, you can set your CRED form to create posts in particular status. So if the created post is set to save as a "draft", it is not published then. However, since uploaded files go into media section, they can't be set as a draft.

However, I fear that I am not fully understanding the problem, can you explain a little more around the issue, please? Some screen shots or reference to your website, will be helpful also, thanks.

1.png

Cred form has field: upload file. When user upload file, but not submit form, upload file stay in media library with note: CRED Auto Draft b79fde1218a9d3a435ed1e8fc4579bf1 or other.
So draft post not create, because user not submit form.

User can upload many file after update page whith CRED form, but not submit it. Media Library stores all drafts of upload files. Why do not they removed? Or they are automatically deleted after a certain time?

Waqas
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thank you for explaining the issue.

I have discussed with the relevant Dev Team and it turns out that CRED deletes all auto drafts created, if they're not used within 4 hours after creation. That means, the unattended or leftover media files will automatically be deleted from your system.

I hope this helps, please feel free to discuss anything related - have a nice weekend 🙂

Thanks! It is good

Update - while unpublished CRED Auto Draft posts are deleted after 4 hours, the attached media files will not be deleted. The reason is that programmatically, we have no good way to determine whether or not those media files have been used elsewhere on the site at that point. For now, these Media Library items will remain stored in your site files.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.