Skip Navigation

[Resolved] CRED upload field doesn't delete post images

This support ticket is created 7 years, 12 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 7 years, 12 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Hi,

I have a CRED form with which users can upload images. It seems that replacing or deleting these images from the upload fields doesn't actually delete the images from the post.

Here's what I do:

- upload image via CRED form file field
- save form
- click delete button, image preview disappears, undo image deletion link appears
- don't save form, but immediately choose other file for file field upload
- save form
- result: post has old and new image uploaded

When I delete the image, don't upload a new image after that and save the form the image is also still uploaded to the post. The CRED upload field is empty though.

So basically it seems that deleting or replacing images via the CRED upload fields don't actually remove the images from the post - is that intended?

Cheers,
Thomas

Dear Thomas,

Yes, it is expected result, when you select a local image file in the image field, CRED form will upload it to your webserver automatically, so when you remove/replace the image files, the old image file has already existed in your webserver.
You will need to delete it in the admin side, for example:
Dashboard-> Media-> Library
Find and delete it.

Hi,

OK, thanks. Unfortunately that doesn't really make CRED an image/file upload management tool., as you can't delete images from the frontend.

Is there a way to store or identify the attachment id for/via a CRED field uploaded image/file?

Cheers,
Thomas

Unfortunately, there isn't such a feature within CRED, I put it into our to-do list as a feature request, our developers will take care of it.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.