Skip Navigation

[Resolved] CRED submit featured image form contains code and duplicate images on front end.

This support ticket is created 7 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Author
Screen Shot 2016-06-06 at 3.00.23 PM.png

I have a CRED edit post form that submits a profile image as a featured image to a members post type.

The code in the form is:

<label class="cred-label">
Profile Image
</label>
			[cred_field field='_featured_image' post="" value='' urlparam='']

When a user goes to edit their members post they see a duplicate of their current featured image and a lot of code, please see the screenshot.

I have chosen to use featured images instead of a types custom post image field as the images submitted via a custom field are not resizing properly. I have another ticket open about that:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/cpt-images-uploaded-via-cred-not-resizing/

Hope you can help

Thanks

Jeff

Dear Jeff,

Are you using CRED form for editing post?
This is abnormal, please try this:
1) Make sure you are using the latest version of Toolset plugins
2) Deactivate other plugins and switch to wordpress default theme 2016, and test again
3) If the problem still exists, please take a screenshot for how do you setup the CRED form, I need debug it in my localhost, thanks

I am using CRED form.

I was already going to be deactivating all other plugins and switching to default theme to test for another toolset conflict re a date switcher bug support thread later.

Fingers crossed its a plugin conflict, and the same plugin conflict (and it's an easily replaced plugin)

I shall report back with screenshots later if the problem persists.

Jeff

I deactivated all plugins and reverted to 2016 theme.

I identified the conflict, and it's a biggie...

Whenever I have Jetpack activated and their photon add-on active then this happens.

I've kept it off and everything is back to normal.

Hope you guys and automattic can debug this between you. I have contacted them about this too.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.