Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Cred post form email notification translation issue

This support ticket is created 3 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by poM 3 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

poM

Hi,
Though the notification has been translated in WPML strings, the email received in the secondary language does not contain this translation.
Please kindly help.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Based on the debug information you shared I do not see what WPML and Toolset plugin version you are using.

Can you please share what thing is not translated? In addition to that please share access details and problem URL and what form you are using.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

I see you are using WPML and you should translate the notification string from String Translation.

When I checked the string Translation for the form:
=> hidden link

I can see the strings are already translated. Is it still not working? If yes: where you added the form?

poM

Yes, problem still occurs.

Notification is set in the Cred post form "Enregistrement garantie ".

Cheers

Minesh
Supporter

I know the form name but I would like to know where on what page you added the form, where I can make see the form on frontend.

poM

The form is called in a custom Woocommerce endpoint in child theme functions.php via do_shortcode("[cred_form form='enregistrement-garantie']");

Minesh
Supporter

Thank you for sharing that information.

Can you please share how can I access the form on the frontend? On what page? Do I need to login as different user to see the form, If yes, please share access details for that user.

I will need to know a step-by-step information where I can see the form on frontend. How can I access it on frontend.

poM

While connected, go to hidden link and click on the "Register your warranty form" button.

Cheers.

Minesh
Supporter

With your form: hidden link

I've wrapped your email notification body with [wpml-string] shrotcode so that it will grab the translation string based on context and name attribute as given under.

[wpml-string context='cred-form-Enregistrement garantie-242511' name='CRED Notification Body a164023c57316cda7bf9b070035969f9']
Dear [wpv-user field="user_firstname"] [wpv-user field="user_lastname"],

Your warranty form regarding invoice #[types field='garantie-facture-numero'][/types] has been registered.

Our technical department will study your request within 10 days.

We will inform you by email when your request status has been changed, you can find it in your customer account[wpv-bloginfo show="url"]/my-account

Regards,

SADEV product and quality service
[/wpml-string]

The above string you will find with your String Translation module:
=> hidden link

I've also added the br tags to your translated string so that it will displayed in next line.

Bonjour [wpv-user field="user_firstname"] [wpv-user field="user_lastname"],
<br /><br />
Votre formulaire de garantie concernant la facture N°[types field='garantie-facture-numero'][/types]a été validée.  
<br /><br />
Vous pouvez le retrouver dans votre compte client [wpv-bloginfo show="url"]/fr/mon-compte
<br /><br />
Cordialement,
<br /><br />
Service produit et qualité de SADEV

Can you pleases confirm now email translation works when you submit the form.

More info:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/legacy-documentation/translating-layouts-and-views/wpml-string-shortcode/

poM

Hi,

Sorry for my late reply.

The email body translation looks to be fixed but I face the same issue with the email title "Your warranty form regarding the invoice #[types field='garantie-facture-numero'][/types] has been registered".

Any idea ?

Minesh
Supporter

You need to wrap whatever string you want to translate with [wpml-string] shrotcode.

So, again, I went to String Translation and find your required subject string that you want to translate:
=> hidden link

Then, using [wpml-string] shortcode I've adjusted its context and name attribute that you can find with your registered string.
=> hidden link

I've adjusted the subject string as given under that is wrapped with [wpml-string] shrotcode on your form.
=> hidden link

[wpml-string context='cred-form-Enregistrement garantie-242511' name='CRED Notification Subject a8f98105770adb4dcfe998b745db9272']Your warranty form regarding the invoice #[types field='garantie-facture-numero'][/types] has been registered[/wpml-string]

More info:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/legacy-documentation/translating-layouts-and-views/wpml-string-shortcode/

Can you please confirm it works at your end as well.

poM

Hi,

It looks to be fine thank you !

However, I have noticed that the default language has been changed to French...

I have reverted to english.

poM

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.