Skip Navigation

[Resolved] cred post email notification not working consistently

This support ticket is created 6 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by malagaS 6 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I am trying to: add an email notification to a cred form

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: i expect to get an email (to a wordpress user email plus a specific email) when the form is submitted

Instead, I got: sometimes it works, and sometimes not. i submitted the form with just the wordpress user chosen and it worked, i added a specific user and got nothing at either email address. I feel like I've tried every combination of options over the last 2 hours - maybe you can point me in the right direction.

Hi, I'll be glad to take a look.
- First, are you checking the spam folders of each address? Please check to be sure you're not missing emails that have been sent into spam or been caught by another email filter.
- Please edit this CRED form in wp-admin and take screenshots showing the entire editor screen. Be sure to toggle open any email notifications so I can see the settings you have been using. If you have tested with different settings, please take screenshots showing those variations.
- Temporarily activate a default theme like Twenty Seventeen and deactivate all plugins except Types, Views, and CRED. If WooCommerce and CRED Commerce are required to trigger the email notification, activate those. If you need to activate a maintenance mode plugin while testing, that's fine too. Then trigger the email notification again with a specific User selected. Let me know the results and we can go from there.

Hi, thank you - yes, tried all those but it turned out to be an issue with sending email addressed to the same domain - server issue (cpanel mx entry option change to remote mail exchanger/mx record . ) Thanks!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.