Skip Navigation

[Resolved] CRED Parent Dropdown select truncated when form is in a Modal or is collapsable

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
CRED Parent Dropdown select truncated when form is in a Modal or is collapsable

Solution:
There is a CSS conflict and you need to resolve it by adding custom CSS to adjust the select2 size to 100%.

you can find the proposed solution, in this case, with the following reply:
=> https://toolset.com/forums/topic/cred-parent-dropdown-select-truncated-when-form-is-in-a-modal-or-is-collapsable/#post-1169653

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 5 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by tony 5 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I am trying to: Display a CRED form in a Modal or collapsable area of a page

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - I would like to know that do you want to assign the static parent or you really need parent select2? Are you using any bootstrap modal or is that possible for you to share the link where I can see the problem?

Hi Minesh

The dropdown or modal is in an Event Template and the CRED form is adding duties to the event by linking People to the Event.

So the CRED for is adding an intermediate record (Duty).

Event - Duty - People

This worked fine in the old system (before updating to the new relationships system)

I will sort out a login so you can see the problem in a couple of hours time and send it to you.

Thanks
Tony

Minesh
Supporter

Ok fine.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

I'm on this page: hidden link

I see there are two "Add a duty" buttons, you want to expand the size of the select2 fields?

Hi Minesh

Yes - they are truncated to 100px which I suspect should be 100%.

If you display the form on the page it displays fine but in a modal or dropdown, it truncates the field length to 100px.

Tony

On 18/12/2018 15:06, Toolset wrote:

Minesh
Supporter

Well - could you please share wp-admin access details with full permissions so that I can see how things added to that page from backend and what CSS it needs to fix it.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Hi Minesh

I sent the details on 17th - have you not received them?

December 17, 2018 at 10:40 am

There is a post in this thread.

Tony

Minesh
Supporter

Yes - I got them but that access details do not allow me the access of backend. It just allows me to log in on the frontend.

I need wp-admin access details.

It works fine for me. I just logged in with your credentials.

Try:

hidden link

Tony

Minesh
Supporter

Could you please check now. I've added the following CSS to the content template's CSS box which displays the "Add a dury" buttons:

.toolset_select2 {
    width: 100% !important;
}

I can see now select2 shows with proper width.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

Hi Minesh

I added the CSS to the live form as well at it all seems to work fine now.

Thanks
Tony

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.