Skip Navigation

[Resolved] CRED link not working

This support ticket is created 3 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 3 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?

A CRED link I had working is no longer working.

It is inserted in both a view and a content template.

the code is:

[cred_child_link_form form='62129' class="btn-profile-edit btn-default" text="Create new funding event" target='_self']

I can see the button that is created.. but when I click on it I get a Page not found error.

I have two Credlinks in both the view and content template... have set them up identically. One works and links to the page where the form is inserted, populating the parent post id. The one for form 62129 goes to my website.com/?post_type=cred-form&p=62129&parent_post-type_id=5055

I have tried adding parent_id="-1" but that made no difference

Is there any documentation that you are following? I have hunted around through toolset support with no luck.

Christian helped on an earlier support question on this very form and it worked then... https://toolset.com/forums/topic/creating-post-title-from-a-number-of-elements/

I just don't get it.

Basically I am stumped and can't think of what else to try. I hope you can help me.

Thanks

Peter

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Peter,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Could you provide me with admin access to the website so that I can have a look at this for you ?

Also please provide me with a link to the form or the page that has the link that you click to get to the form so that I can see the issue first hand.

The private fields will be enabled for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the credentials and the steps to see the issue.

Are you aware of what page the child form is on ? It could be that the pages where the child forms were added are no longer there.

Let me know if you can provide a link to the pages where the forms are on. If not then we may need to create the pages that have the child forms on them.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane

That must be what happened... I deployed from staging to live... but not the pages...

Then went back to staging.... I then created a new page with the CRED form on it but the link between the cred link and cred form for some reason has not reconnected.

The page is: set up to be visible only to Admins at the moment.

I hope you can figure it out.

Cheers

Peter

Shane
Supporter

Hi Peter,

This should now be working.

All I had to do is re-add the link with the new page for the Form.

Please test it out and let me know if it's ok now.
Thanks,
Shane

Shane

Thanks so much for that. Works fine.

Now I need to deploy from staging without copying pages and posts as my site has moved on since I started this... are you talking about re-adding the link in the form or in the page...? I don't understand the way Toolset works behind the scenes.

Cheers

Peter

Shane
Supporter

Screenshot 2020-06-24 at 10.23.19 AM.png
Screenshot 2020-06-24 at 10.23.10 AM.png
Screenshot 2020-06-24 at 10.23.04 AM.png

Hi Peter,

What I did was to use the Toolset Forms button to re-add the link for the child form once you've created the page with it. See my screenshots.

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Thanks ... sorry for being such a dunderhead...

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

Please can you hide a link I posted in this thread at https://toolset.com/forums/topic/cred-link-not-working/#post-1672837

Thanks

Peter

Shane
Supporter

Hi Peter,

The links are automatically added when anyone except a support team mate or you is viewing this thread. However I've deleted the link from the thread completely.

You may go ahead and mark this ticket as resolved.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.