Skip Navigation

[Resolved] CRED intensely slows down the backend!

This support ticket is created 6 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 22 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 6 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hello we are building a platform with lots of export information etc.

One of the tools we use on the website is CRED, adding a post type with a checker. So all it does is offering a form with several questions and the user answers this with yes or no. These answers are stored as a custom post type.. nothing fancy.. it all works flawlessly...

The only problem we have is... when CRED is activated... the backend (editing pages or posts) of the website is intens slow! The loading of the edit screen takes much and much longer... there are huge performance gaps when loading the DIVI builder...

For example... when clicking on the front end on a edit link on a random page... it took me approx 20 seconds before i could start typing in one of the DIVI builder text modules... this is acceptable for us.

After enabling CRED, i've went to the same page again and clicked on the edit link on the front end... now it took approx 55 seconds before the DIVI builder fully responds in the Text module.

Are there any settings we can disable in the toolset settings... as this is a huge deal breaker for us!

On the Front end we do not notice any difference... it's the backend that gets completely locked up.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Herre,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

I took a look at this and noticed that the backend was loading relatively fine. Were you able to resolve the issue ?

Please let me know .
Thanks,
Shane

No I haven't... did you try to open/edit a page and then open a text module in the divi builder... and tried start typing?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Herre,

I tried and it seems to open fine for me with no issue at all.

Thanks,
Shane

Please try to make changes... not simply opening... but really try make changes.

We all and the client is experiencing this problem. In several browsers.

It takes more then 45sec before you really can make changes without everything freezing for a few seconds and then working again etc.

Can I provide screen recordings somehow (probably) on Monday?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Herre,

I've tried to make changes and the site still performs normally on my end.

Could you do the video or screenshot and let me see.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane,
I'll create a recording tomorrow.
Could you disable CRED and try... and then enable CRED and try to experience the difference in performance?

Best regards,
Herre

Shane
Supporter

Hi Herre,

I've test it with and without CRED and the speeds are just about the same.

Probably i'm missing something.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,
not sure if you're missing something... maybe we both have different experiences... the fact is that my colleagues experience the same...

i've tried to create a video explaining the issue: hidden link

Regards,
Herre

Shane
Supporter

Hi Herre,

So it seems to vastly depend on the page that you are looking at because I was able to experience the issue. I'm not sure what would be causing this issue especially since CRED is not being loaded here.

Just to ensure that its CRED isn't conflicting with another plugin to cause this issue would you mind disabling all the non-toolset plugins and let me know if you haven't already done so .

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,
I indeed tried that in the past... and tried it again now.

I've disabled the non toolset plugins... and did some new tests

These are the results:
CRED enabled: +/-33sec (average of 5 tests)
DRED disabled: +/- 15sec (average of 5 tests)

So still a difference of 50% in loading performance

Due to the scrolling lock ups, it thought maybe it has to do with the conditional display settings (AJAX) of the posts fields linked to Pages... so I removed all the conditional display settings...
--> NO Difference in speed

Next I disabled the post fields group linked to pates, therefore pages didn't have a toolset post type taxonomy or anything linked to it.
--> loading time with CRED enabled: +/-9sec
--> loading time without CRED: +/-9sec

So no noticeable difference with CRED enabled or disabled and a tripled increase in loading speed!!!

So somehow the custom post fields to have a huge impact on loading speed of the backend of the page. And when CRED has been enabled this increases with approx 30 seconds.

Some info on the Custom Posts Fields:
10 checkboxes
10 single lines
10 WYSIWYG
10 radio buttons
10 URLS
10 file uploads

Total of 60 fields

These generate Call To Action boxes (max 10) below the content... with conditional output these fields work as following:
when the checkbox is checked, a single line and WYSIWYG will be displayed, and a radio button (depending of the radiobutton, a URL of File upload wil be visible).

I know it are a lot... but I don't get why CRED has influence on loading the backend of a page!

Looking forward to your response... By the way.... the login details and this site is a copy of the development version.... so I don't mind if you're doing some testing , enabling / disabling etc

Best regards,
Herre

Shane
Supporter

Hi Herre,

Sorry for the delayed response.

Once important factor that I noticed is that is only this page that you've sent me that the issue is present. What happens when creating a new page, does the same issue occur ?

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

Shane,
On all existing pages the loading time of the back-end / editor is much slower once CRED is enabled.

For testing I created a new page, did NOT use the Divi Builder:
- CRED disabled: 8sec loading and the page could be edited without any freezing
- CRED Enabled: 17sec loading before the page could be edited without any freezing

Shane
Supporter

Hi Herre,

I'm seeking assistance from our second tier supporters with this issue. Hopefully we will be able to get to the bottom of whats causing this.

Thanks,
Shane

I'll let that site and your account on the server for a while for testing purposes. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.