Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Cred image upload ends up in wrong path

This support ticket is created 4 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.29 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Author

I am trying to: use a cred form to upload an image

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: the image I uploaded

Instead, I got: broken link due to wrong image path

Check this out hidden link
If you login you have a "Modify" button where you can upload the image.
Until my last plugin update the image was uploaded to the wp-upload files.
Now, it gets no path and is looking for the image in a wrong path

Thank you!

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Katerina

Could I get credentials for an admin account to check how this is set up in the backend?

I will mark your next reply as private—you may want to create a temporary admin user for me to use that you can later delete.

And be sure to have a current backup of your site, even though I don't intend to make any changes.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Screenshot 2019-05-21 at 11.50.25.png

Hi Katerina

Your maps page is not loading correctly because of a JS error from another plugin (um-messaging), you need to fix that error or de-activate the plugin.

Regarding the image URL issue, I've tested and can see the issue on your site, but I've been unable to reproduce it on a local test site.

I set that up with WP 4.9 to check if that were the culprit, but it seems not.

So I'd need to rule out conflicts on your own site to see if there is something else interfering with the process. I can see that the image gets uploaded to the media library correctly, but the value stored for the field stores only the image filename and not the full path.

Do you have a staging site for testing on? (If not, you really should! Speak to your host.)

Could you please disable all non-Toolset plugins and switch theme to twentynineteen then try again. If the issue disappears then it should be possible to determine the source of any conflict by a process of elimination. From the description of your image field I'm guessing you may some custom validation code, but I can't see where that is added.

Let me know how that goes so I can see how to proceed.

All fixed... by updating the conflicted plugin...

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.